Your new company
Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, people-based travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. Famous for the way we look after our customers and people, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business. Our vision is to be the most caring business in the world. We have 1,800 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 400 support staff based from our global headquarters located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and globally in our 6 international offices.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth predicated by delivering both world class levels of people engagement, development and support and world class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear leadership mantra of inspiring people to a future without limits and people behaviours centred around Focus, Pace, Execution, Innovation and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
Your new role
Travel Counsellors are recruiting for an Accounts Payable Executive to join our growing business. You will support our Travel Counsellors’ customers, ensuring that all payments to our external suppliers are completed. You will be empowered to ensure customer records are updated accurately to reflect payments made, in order to secure customer purchases.This is an exciting opportunity for someone with natural ambition, limitless thinking, a positive mind-set working within a company with a fantastic culture that always puts our customers, Travel Counsellors and our people first!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Make payments to suppliers using various payment methods & systems. You’ll also make payments in various currencies therefore will need to calculate exchange rates.
- Match and reconcile online accounts/statements to our in-house system.
- Identify and resolve queries & discrepancies.
- Build relationships with your internal colleagues working across various departments and externally with salespeople and suppliers globally.
- Update clients computerised records
- Reporting and recording of daily payments
- In time, we will support you to manage and engage your own supplier accounts.
- Other activities as requested by the Accounts Manager
What you'll need to succeed
- Accounts payable experience working within an office environment
- Have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- You’ll enjoy organisation and embrace working within a fast pace, busy finance department
- Take ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required
- A confident communicator, helpful when dealing with queries over the phone, by email and in person
- Shows creative thinking when solving problems, wanting to resolve these as quickly as possible
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working
- Costco membership
- Free breakfast and fruit every day
- Health and well being including savings on DW Gym membership
- Trafford Centre discounts
- 25 days holiday
- Charity days
- Free parking
- Annual bonus