At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Travel Counsellors is looking for a world-class Community Manager to join an exciting project to re-launch and lead the Travel Counsellors digital community.
The Travel Counsellors community has been established for over 27 years and made up of the world’s best travel experts. We are looking to transform the Travel Counsellors’ digital environment to deliver a positive impact for our TC’s businesses, and to enable TCs to build stronger relationships with one another and with the members of the Travel Counsellors Support Centre
- Re-launch the digital community platform for Travel Counsellors globally.
- Identify and understand TCs’ needs for knowledge, inspiration and connection, shaping how the Travel Counsellors digital community platform can enable those needs to be met, innovating how TCs can engage and connect digitally.
- Build an effective community engagement strategy and plan, in collaboration with wider business strategy and communications and the Travel Counsellors annual business calendar.
- Foster connections and collaboration across the community by cultivating better community interactions and conversations.
- Develop and deliver inspiring and informative content (e.g. blog, news feed) to engage TCs in the digital community and our platform more widely - highlighting, curating and showcasing content to inspire and motivate.
- Use insight and feedback from the digital community to identify strategic opportunities to improve the services, systems and processes of our platform, to enable the success of our Travel Counsellors.
- Demonstrate improved performance/health of the community and impact on business outcomes including TC lifetime value, reporting regularly on key metrics to key stakeholders
- Analyse and identify issues and trends, sharing community member feedback
- Act as the voice of the TC community
Skills and Attributes
- World class experience in managing and growing communities for brands at a senior level
- Strong relationship-building and empathy skills
- Passion for customer service
- Skilled and knowledgeable in program/project and change management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, preferably with experience in creating/producing content
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to operate independently
- Strong understanding of social channels
- Manages time and priorities effectively to deliver strong outcomes
- Part of an external community manager network