Travel Counsellors - Head of Customer Experience
As the Head of Customer Experience, you will define and lead the overarching customer experience for the Travel Counsellors brand and bring it to life providing the vision and the framework for our product and development teams to grow long-term relationships, capture consumer-driven opportunities and carve out new directions, exciting and inspiring them by creating personalized experiences in both digital and physical spaces.
At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities, and our colleagues more than anyone else and that's what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We've been changing lives for over 26 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We're fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we're looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
A personalised customer experience from Travel Counsellors
• Bring the customer closer to the Travel Counsellors brand through innovative concepts to enrich and shape a personalised customer experience, with a key focus on developing digital assets – MyTC (customer app) and digital (websites)
• Optimise the relationships that franshisees have with their customers at the same time as closing the gap between the customer and the Travel Counsellors brand
• Lead the creation and implementation of an innovative strategy that delivers a trusted and unrivalled experience across multiple channels to drive customer engagement and revenue growth
• Define and communicate the Customer Experience vision in line with the brand, business strategy and company values
• Engage with and inspire cross functional team of Digital & Marketing experts, and key stakeholders across the business including a diverse network of franchisees
• Become a lead ambassador in developing a stronger “customer experience” mind set & culture within the business
• Develop actionable insights from customers, prospects, franshisees and the market
• Help to inspire, curate and implement systems to support the delivery of the customer journey
Implement a framework to constantly monitor and evolve customer experience based on measurable KPIs
• Collaborate with digital product teams build a first-hand understanding of the current customer experience, establish transparency of the customer journey as seen through the travellers’ eyes across all touch points, utilising customer feedback.
• Gather and overlay with research insight and franchisee feedback to inform the business and drive improvements for engagement, service, and loyalty
• Work with marketing and digital product teams to map customer journeys, outline the picture of success and help define benchmarks and measures to deliver and exceed
• Collaborate with DT, product, and data/insight teams to enable and further build data capture and enrichment across our various consumer touchpoints
• Demonstrable impact on extracting incremental customer value (conversion and loyalty)
What Will Make You Successful
The successful candidate puts the brand and the customer at heart and will bring a wealth of experience working in a senior leadership role driving brand-led strategies and change. You will have proven experience of delivering integrated multichannel brand experiences and/or growing and developing customer service/ experience in digital businesses based in customer insights. In addition you will:
• Have the ability to strategically plan
• Have worked in or have a deep understanding of franchise business models
• Project leadership skills on a multi-stakeholder level
• Be able to take financial and budget accountability
• Have strong commercial acumen to justify business investment
• Have the ability to communicate and present information to inspire the organisation and influence the business
• Thrive in a matrix organisation with effective influencing skills.
• Have excellent relationship building both externally & internally
• Ideally have experience in high growth organisations going through large scale digital transformation