Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
As a member of the Data & Insight team you will be working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that is part of the wider Digital & Tech department. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the development and maintenance of our data warehouse and reporting environments as we regrow the business, which currently supports over 1,800 Travel Counsellors in six countries (UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, South Africa and the UAE).
Your responsibilities will be:
- Lead data and reporting projects, liaising with key business stakeholders as appropriate, and ensuring delivery of the required business outcomes.
- Development of automated and ad-hoc reports within PowerBI and SSRS.
- Managing the implementation and development of integrations between the data warehouse and other systems in support of the digital transformation programme.
- Liaise closely with colleagues in the Data & Insight team to deliver new data feeds into the data warehouse as and when required.
- Support the Data Warehouse Developer with the maintenance of the data warehouse and server, ensuring ongoing reliability and usability.
- Be an advocate for the Data & Insight team across the wider business, working collaboratively to increase the uptake of Travel Counsellors’ self-serve BI environment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a computer science, or related, discipline.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders to deliver reporting projects.
- Experienced in the full Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS).
- Advanced SQL user for the querying and editing of data and the creation of stored procedures and views.
- Advanced DAX skills.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and engage with all types of individual to build and nurture relationships.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a motivation to provide the best possible service to the user.
- Good attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments with informal ways of working.
- Naturally ambitious and hardworking with a flexible and positive approach to work.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry thinking and has an interest in keeping abreast of current trends in business intelligence solutions.
Core Values and Beliefs
- You will be a role model for our business values using your personality and behaviours and act with integrity 100% of the time – what we say is what we do.
- You will have a willingness to go the extra mile and always strive to seek job satisfaction.
- You always bring your authentic self to work.
- You pride yourself on building loyal and mutual trusting relationships with colleagues, travel counsellors and supplier partners.
- You will respect and value diversity, creating an environment that is inclusive of all.
- You will be focused on your own personal development as well as the future of our business, participating in the ongoing success of the business and contributing with new and innovate ideas.