At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
This role is for a 12mth Fixed Term contract. You will be a member of a critical team designed to help shape the future of the business and will be focused on re-designing business processes and defining software and people changes required to meet the strategic objectives of the company.
You will be comfortable and effective dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and will champion the business vision and objectives, translating them into high-level functional and process requirements to implement new processes or convey new requirements / changes to development teams throughout the software lifecycle.
Skills & Experience Required
- Will be a strong communicator and influencer who is comfortable with "customer facing" responsibilities
- Excellent use of analytical and development methods and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Good problem-solving skills and the tenacity to stay with an issue until it is resolved.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Experience of writing user Stories and Acceptance Criteria
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and committed.
- Possesses the ability to nurture relationships.
- Strong commitment to quality and a thorough approach to responsibilities.
- Good attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent time management and planning and organisational skills.
- You work well under pressure, alongside colleagues to support the business community.
- Proven experience of and the ability to carry out feasibility studies, producing high-level and detailed business models and preparing robust business cases.
- Strong business process mapping ability. Experience of a common notation such as BPMN would be beneficial.
- Experience of communicating, influencing and demonstrating to key stakeholders, the importance that business process changes can make to business objectives.
- Experience of overseeing development and implementation of solutions, ensuring that defined benefits are delivered
- Previous experience of working in a customer facing role
- Working in project teams with staff from across the business to develop solutions to quality, time and budget
- Experience of working in an agile development environment, ideally using a scrum framework
- Experience of working within a fast-paced IT services environment
- Experience working with product management software (e.g. Asana)
- Substantial experience in a Business Analyst position
- Proven and demonstrable record of extensive work experience in a similar role
- Formal Business Analysis qualification (desirable)
- Any experience of supporting the travel industry (desirable)
Adding Value to Travel Counsellors
- You will be a role model for our business values using your personality and behaviours and act with integrity 100% of the time – what we say is what we do
- You will have a willingness to go the extra mile and always strive to seek job satisfaction
- You always bring your authentic self to work
- You pride yourself on building loyal and mutual trusting relationships with colleagues, candidates and supplier partners
- You will respect and value diversity, creating an environment that is inclusive of all
- You will be focused on your own personal development as well as the future of our business, participating in the ongoing success of the business and contributing with new and innovate ideas and ways of working
- You actively seek out opportunities and find meaningfulness at work
- You will not be afraid to use your voice to challenge or reinforced the status quo, guided by our values and behaviours
- You will be a motivated problem solver with good interpersonal skills, leads by example and help define business analyst processes within the company and serve as a mentor to others in the role.
- You will have a great customer facing attitude and a strong interest in IT and the ability to learn quickly
- You will take pride in your personal brand and be an engaging influencer
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments with informal ways of working
- Naturally ambitious and hardworking with a flexible and positive approach to work
- Possess a great work ethic, positive mindset and limitless thinking
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and committed to a testing career path.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts amongst colleagues and to stakeholders to help move on the scoping and delivery of requirements and business initiatives
- Strong commitment to quality and a thorough approach to responsibilities