Please note: This is a 12-month FTC to cover a maternity leave
Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for the past 30 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 2,000 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 300 super-talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, whilst building lasting personal relationships that bring them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, placing in the Sunday Times Best Places to Work list 2023 (Large Company) as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £930m) - and so are looking for outstanding individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
About the Role
As the CRM Product Owner, you will be the driving force behind 3 instances of CRM, 5 Instances of Freshdesk and our Chat and BOT systems, ensuring that each platform meets the needs of our business and customers. As part of this role you will also be responsible for our growing Automation function (RPA), you will be responsible for, managing the backlog or processes, gathering requirements, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver high-impact automation solutions. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong collaboration skills, a deep understanding of CRM principles, and a passion for delivering exceptional user experiences. This role also requires a blend of technical acumen, stakeholder management, and a passion for driving efficiency through automation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive product roadmap, taking into account business priorities, technical constraints, and market opportunities.
- Communicate the roadmap to internal teams, stakeholders, and executives, ensuring alignment with overall business strategy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including recruitment, marketing, TC Support, and Tech teams, to gather and prioritise feature requests and requirements.
- Conduct regular workshops and feedback sessions to ensure a deep understanding of user needs and pain point.
- Relationship owner and point of contact for our Freshworks partnership, ensure we maximise the value across all product streams.
- Collaborate with Freshworks point of contact to align our delivery roadmap with Freshdesk, Freshsales and Freshchat upcoming releases.
- Ensure we are aware of all new product releases and use these to structure our internal roadmapRelease Management.
- Plan and execute product/process releases, coordinating with development, and business owners to deliver high-quality features on schedule.
- Monitor and analyse the impact of releases on key performance indicators (KPIs) and user satisfaction.
Skills and Experience Required
- 3+ years of proven experience operating as a product owner in a similar environment
- Strong understanding of technologies used to build and deploy software products
Strong knowledge of Agile principles and process
Experience of SAFe
Demonstrable track record of developing products within deadlines
Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
Experience with a definition of minimum marketable features and minimum viable products.
Experience in managing, mentoring or leading others in a small team environment
Comfortable in presenting complex data and information to non-technical audiences
Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter Day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount