Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
To offer a robust IT support service in a fast-paced IT department to both remote end users and head office colleagues globally. This is a hands-on role requiring a high level of technical expertise, working closely with application, platform and security teams, and utilising strong customer service skills.
Acting as a key point of contact to deliver an effective and efficient technical support service to resolves any IT related queries and/or incidents by reporting issues, requesting information or access and recommending innovative solutions to enable users to quickly return to their duties. You will be encouraged to own issues through to complete resolution, providing an opportunity to input into the whole user experience.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE
- Acts as the routine point of contact, receiving and handling requests for support, logging incidents and service requests.
- Responding to a broad range of service requests for support and fulfilling requests to enable a resolution.
- Take full ownership of issues and deliver an outstanding customer service by always being willing to find answers to all questions and act as a point of escalation for more complex issues.
- Providing investigation and diagnosis and promptly dealing with unresolved issues.
- Providing technical support to our users both onsite and remotely.
- Research and seek solutions to problems and document findings in a timely and effective manner.
- To familiarise with and contribute to IT knowledge base and other information resources and take every opportunity to self–learn.
- Ensure all issues are logged in the Service Management Tool and manage them to completion within agreed SLAs.
- You will be working on a shift pattern Monday to Friday and you will be able to work flexibly in response to emergencies or support projects which usually happen during out of business hours.
- Working within a Microsoft environment of Windows 10, Office365, Azure AD, Teams and Intune MDM.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Incident management, Problem management and Request Fulfilment.
- Good knowledge of IT services delivered within a corporate environment.
- Ability to diagnose technical faults quickly and accurately remotely as well as customer facing experience.
- Superior level of customer service, especially the ability to build good working relationships quickly and exemplary communication skills.
- Ability to compile and maintain internal and user-facing documentation.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced IT services environment with strong knowledge of IT systems; equipment and software.
- You will be experienced in providing 1st line support to a large user base across multiple sites.
- Previous experience of dealing with a variety of different issues, with varying degrees of urgency.
- You will work well under pressure, alongside colleagues to support the business community. You will offer advice and mentorship to more junior colleagues.
- Previous experience of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory & Azure Active Directory, Hybrid Exchange environment, InTune MDM and Teams administration.
- Experience in 1st and 2nd line IT support (3+ Years Required).
- Any formal Microsoft training, ITIL or other relevant professional qualifications (Desirable).
- Full UK Driving License and own transport (Desirable).
- Any experience of supporting the travel industry (Desirable).
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service experience.
- Ability to build rapport and engage with all types of individual.
- Possess a mature and consultative approach, ability to question the status quo and rethink.
- Proven ability to communicate at work collaboratively with staff at all levels and nurture relationships.
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a motivation to provide the best possible service to the user throughout the support process.
- Ability to take ownership and work with minimum supervision.
- The ability to balance customer focus with technical aptitude.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn and support new services as the business undertakes a broad digital transformation.
- You will take pride in your appearance and personal brand and possess a charismatic personality.
- You will be forward thinking; customer focused and enjoy contributing to building a motivated environment.
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments with informal ways of working.
- Naturally ambitious and hardworking with a flexible and positive approach to work.
- You’ll need to be resilient and have a strong desire to succeed, going above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.
- Possess a great work ethic, positive mindset and limitless thinking.