Brief over of the role
Reporting to and working closely with the Regional Managing Director in our Australia office, this is a senior level role responsible for leading, developing and strengthening the corporate travel strategy to ensure profitable business growth is accelerated.
A dual-purpose role within the Australian business to a) help Travel Counsellors to create a successful corporate business and b) build relationships with corporate clients who may be interested in using our services. It’s imperative that the individual required for this role truly believes in the power and the value of booking their travel requirements through a personal concierge.
You will play an integral part to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial company and we expect you to grow with the business and the role.
Main duties and responsibilities
Business Development – (External Corporate Clients)
- Identify business opportunities using a broad network of contacts, stretching across the industry and marketplace.
- Lead generation, filtering, qualifying and pipelining SME corporate clients
- Forming relationships with key decision makers including Travel or Procurement Managers - C.E.O.
- Work with existing corporate pipeline to showcase benefits of having a Travel Counsellors
- Representing the company at networking events, conferences & exhibitions to optimise opportunities
- Attend meetings with new business clients to discuss their company’s business travel service offering
- Develop client solution proposals in conjunction with internal support teams
- Determine key stakeholders and proactively building relationships
- Management of sales proposals and RFP documentation
- Management of prospect relationship data into CRM system
TC Business Coaching & Mentoring
- Support and empower individual Corporate Travel Counsellors to increase their sales and income by assisting them to identify potential new clients, retain and grow existing clients.
- Understand individual learning and development requirements whilst helping to develop short-long term goals and strategies. Highlighting the need for additional training and coaching
- Encourage and promote the increased use of the benefit offerings of the Company – this includes the Company’s in-house travel booking platform, Phenix
- Provide guidance and assistance to Travel Counsellors to put pitches and RFP’s together to win business.
- Once business has been won, put together implementation plan and work with key stakeholders (TC, corporate account and internal TC) for a seamless transition process
- Deliver the business values and travel proposition clearly, outlining the features and benefits of owning a corporate travel franchise business, how we lead this sector of the travel industry and how we stand out from the competition.
- Ensure Travel Counsellors create and sustain a successful business.
You are not only empowering the TC to improve sales and create a sustainable and successful business, but you are also key to ensuring that the TC company performance meets its targets. You will be expected to know and understand your sales figures and monitor trends using specially developed BD statistic reports, remembering the more successful you are in developing each TC the more successful the wider business will be in relation to:
• Improved sales • Improved margin • Improved efficiency
- Meeting potential franchisees face to face, understanding their motivation and potential ability to run a franchise business, reviewing their business plan and managing their expectations
- Going the extra mile to provide the best possible service
- Full administration of the joining process including taking payment.
- Working to targets whilst taking in to consideration ‘quality over quantity’ to ensure our high standards are maintained.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our existing network of corporate Travel Counsellors and working closing with them to add more franchises via referrals.
Key Attributes & Qualifications needed for the role:
- An assertive, driven, positive and energetic team player
- Ability to multi-task and assist with the co-ordination of a number of projects simultaneously
- Must have a can-do attitude, be a self-starter
- Outgoing personality with an excellent ability to work under pressure
- The ability to demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven success in managing a structured sales process
- Excellent track record in sales negotiations and closing skills
- Can strategically plan to achieve both long- and short-term results
- Has demonstrated ability to cold call leads, qualify and prospect
- Technically savvy – able to proactively build talent pipelines and nurture candidates
- Able to fit into a high-pace, often impatient, high-performing team
- Possess a real “entrepreneurial flair” and creativity to think outside the box
- Leadership, Coaching & Mentoring
- You will be confident to conduct meetings & presentations both at head office and off site
- Possess the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring SME’s and/or small business owners for the purpose of business improvement e.g. finding, winning & retaining customers
- Ability to motivate others and build trust through effective listening and collaboration skills
- Proactive networker and relationship builder
- Excellent People Skills – you will need to be empathetic, encouraging and motivational
- Confidence in your ability to present to audiences and train small groups
- Willing to challenge the status quo/legacy to enable us to open new avenues and markets
Industry knowledge / experience
- GDS trained
- Knowledge of airline contracts including CAT25 and CAT35
- Comfortable with net pricing, financial analytics, strategic planning and KPIs
- Knowledge of competitors value propositions
- You will have a passion for corporate travel and have previous experience of working in a corporate travel environment. Those working within a Travel Management Company in a similar role with significant experience in a sales driven role will have a distinct advantage.
- Experience of driving sustainable business and market share growth in the Australian market
Technology & Data
- Ability to drive strategic planning processes across the business by analysing trends and trading data
- Proven experience of using data to analyse business performance and providing insight & recommendations
- Good knowledge of CRM systems
- Proven experience of using Digital to scale new/small business (from own personal experience and/or in an advisory capacity) e.g. all Social channels
Desirable Attributes & Qualifications needed for the role:
- Corporate TMC Travel Industry experience
- Advanced skill in MI analysis in a Sales/Advanced role
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Suite of products
- Experience in a marketing/prospecting environment
Please attach your C.V and a brief description of what interests you most about this role.