An exciting opportunity has presented itself for an ambitious individual, seeking a new opportunity to join our Commercial Team. This role will include on the job training and development to support you to drive and develop the hotel program for Travel Counsellors across key areas of the world ensuring that our products meet the strategic aims and high standard of service for the business. You will ensure that all sales and margin opportunities are maximised through negotiation of our hotel contracts, obtaining exclusive added value offers and achieving agreed contribution targets.
Working in a dynamic and fast paced team you learn the skills required to manage strategic partnerships from sourcing & planning to delivery, including:
- How to drive and develop the hotel product partnership programme for Travel Counsellors.
- How to meet the businesses strategic aims and high standard of service. Which will include identifying partnerships to further enhance our travel business booked and managed through our platform Phenix.
- The company’s requirements to ensure all relevant supplier partners meet our contractual terms to both sets of our customers internally and externally, ensuring our risk position is managed and protected
- How to negotiate the commercial and product relationships, agreements and best global rates with partners.
- How digital transformation is supporting the future of the business and how we work with our supplier partners.
- How to price manage your product within our in-house booking system to deliver volume while maximising return
- Help design and work with partners new and old to create innovative product solutions for both individuals and groups.
- How to use data to inform and make commercial decisions
- How to report on travel trends and wider market research to identify new areas of opportunity and maximise sales.
- How to report to key stakeholders on your product performance status on a regular basis.
Key Attributes & Skills needed for the role:
This is an opportunity for an ambitious person with a keen interest in what we do in the Commercial Team. You don’t need to have any commercial experience as we’ll teach you everything you need to know for this role, but you must be passionate about travel and what we’re building at Travel Counsellors.
Ideally you must have an interest in developing negotiation skills as you’ll be a key individual in the Commercial Team in ensuring value for money on the products that we supply our Travel Counsellors.
As an individual you will:
- Be able to multi-task and assist with the co-ordination of several projects simultaneously as well as being able to prioritise effectively, reacting to the needs of the business as required. You must be able to use your initiative and work with the minimum of supervision, maintaining clear focus under pressure is a must
- Be target driven and motivated
- Be analytical and numerical
- Have a professional & presentable appearance, to represent the company when you meet with
- Have a flexible work approach including hours and visibility in the office
- Be flexible to travel, as you may have requirement to attend events, training, and meetings away from the office
The successful candidate will need to commit to a minimum of 3 months, fulltime presence in the office.