We are seeking an experienced product partner manager with in-depth knowledge of Destination Management Companies (DMCs) and touring product, to own the product journey at Travel Counsellors.
Brief overview of the position
This exciting role would see the candidate own our DMC & tour partner product journey. This would include product sourcing & contracting, relationship management, contract negotiation, business admin, Travel Counsellor & customer experience, digital transformation, and overall engagement.
Working in a dynamic and fast paced team you will demonstrate strong commercial skills managing the touring pathway from planning to delivery. Responsible for driving the touring product strategy for the business, with continual assessing and reporting.
- Drive and develop the DMC & touring programme for Travel Counsellors across key areas of the world including Africa, SE Asia, South America, India, USA, and Europe.
- Ensure that the Travel Counsellors touring product meets the strategic aims and high standard of service for the business.
- Ensure all relevant supplier partners meet our contractual terms to both sets of our customers internally and externally.
- Responsible for negotiating the commercial and product relationships, agreements, and best global rates with all DMC partners globally.
- Look for and implement the technological advancements to join up our systems with those of our touring partners.
- Streamline the product delivery and product access to our international community of Travel Counsellors.
- Help design and work with partners new and old to create innovative worldwide tours and itineraries for both individuals and groups.
- Ensure all touring targets are met including sales growth, profit maximisation, pricing and contributions.
- Continue to evolve and streamline the reporting for our touring partnerships.
- Conduct travel trends and wider market research to identify new areas of opportunity and maximise sales.
- Report to key stakeholders on the DMC / touring program status on a regular basis.
Key Attributes & Skills needed for the role:
- Previous experience of product sourcing and management with DMCs and a demonstrated record of successful product development.
- Strong worldwide travel knowledge.
- Proven negotiation skills demonstrated through prior negotiation of high value commercial agreements.
- Experience of putting product fulfilment agreements to tender.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong commercial, analytical and numeracy ability.
- Proven track record of being able to prioritise workload whilst remaining reactive to the needs of the business.
- Ability to multi-task and assist with the co-ordination of several projects simultaneously.
- Have a professional & presentable appearance, to represent the company.
- Be flexible to travel, as you may have requirement to attend events, training, and meetings away from the office.
- Whilst we do have a flexible working policy as a business, The successful candidate will need to commit to a minimum of 3 months, fulltime presence at office in Trafford, Manchester