Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
This role is to work closely as part of the accounts receivable team to ensure delivery of a high service level whilst working within internal compliance and legislation requirements. Based in Manchester, the successful candidate will be experienced in maximising cash collection, minimising credit risk and maintaining audit standards in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Effectively managing the sales ledger, ensuring payments are collected in line with agreed payment terms, proactively managing communications with customers and Travel Counsellors.
- Responding promptly to enquiries raised to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensuring fraud risk, credit risk or trade compliance risks, from new customers and the existing customer portfolio, are controlled according to business specifications.
- Compiling, analysing & interpreting information for approval of credit facilities or onward recommendation
- Providing support for key audit activities e.g. annual credit reviews, mass account deactivation's, master data reviews
- Working closely with any outsource service provider to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services by analysing daily KPI’s and escalating, if necessary, to management
- Supporting the achievement and exceeding of KPI expectations whilst working within the agreed SLA’s
- Performing Root Cause Analysis of complex issues to drive process improvement and issue resolution in the end to end AR Process flow
- Identifying potential process improvements to increase efficiency
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI’s) for the team and any outsource provider
- Being the first point of contact to the business, TC’s and third-party providers as a SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Educating suppliers, business users and TC’s to aid reduction in exceptions and demand on query management
- Building successful business relationships at all levels (particularly in Finance and with TC’s) to encourage efficiency and understanding
- Managing and prioritising daily workload to ensure deadlines are met/exceeded for all activities
- Providing excellent customer relations, written and verbal to Suppliers, TC and the business
- Working within Travel Counsellors internal compliance/guidance rules and applicable legislation's
- Working daily within Travel Counsellors CARE values to outperform.
Core Values and Beliefs
- You will be a role model for our business values, using your personality and behaviours, to maintain integrity and a can-do attitude
- You will have a willingness to go the extra mile and always strive to seek job satisfaction
- You always bring your authentic self to work
- You will have the ability to think digitally as we continue to evolve as a digital first business, and that means we need you to have the right knowledge, skills and appetite to effectively use digital systems to support delivery of an efficient, robust finance environment.
- You pride yourself on building loyal and mutual trusting relationships with colleagues, TCs and supplier partners
- You will respect and value diversity, creating an environment that is inclusive of all
- You will be focused on your own personal development as well as the future of our business, contributing new and innovate ideas and ways of working
- You actively seek out opportunities and find meaningfulness at work
- You will not be afraid to use your voice to challenge or reinforce the status quo, guided by our values and behaviours.
Experience and Qualifications
- Proven accounts receivables and credit control experience
- Proven experience in working in a successful team
- Proven experience in data analysing and root cause analysis
- Proven experience of taking ownership and responsibility
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced, changing, environment
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must have intermediate Excel experience (pivot tables and functions)
- Must have good ERP experience
- Preferably travel industry experience
- Preferably Shared Service Centre experience
Skills and Attributes
- Customer Focused - Able to use their understanding of our customers to take proactive action to improve the customer experience and exceed their expectations. Ability to build rapport and engage collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Action Oriented - Able to spot opportunities, able to engage the right people and create plans to makes things happen. Well organised, able to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- Accountable - Holds self and others to account for meeting goals and celebrating success and take ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required. Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Trustworthy - A role model with high standards of honesty and integrity and show consistency between what they say and how they act.
- Developing Talent – Is able to see developing talent as an organisational imperative.
- Innovative - Views innovation as a priority and can show creative thinking when solving problems, wanting to resolve these as quickly as possible.
- Collaborative - Takes a proactive interest in other business areas and bringing the right people together to ensure we deliver what’s important.
- Driving Engagement - Creates a climate where colleagues are motivated to do their best.
- IT literate with advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
What we can offer you:
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount