Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
- Proactive financial support to the operational areas, driving performance through insightful analysis.
- Oversight of the Group’s financial planning (inclusive of Budget/Forecasts) and monitoring process.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The business is PE-owned, and the demands of the role reflect that in an expectation for a strong focus on financial performance, incisive analysis and insight on business performance, and continuous commercial, financial, and operational improvement. Support the Head of FP&A to proactively support the Group’s senior leadership team in driving strategic and tactical business initiatives across the Group through (for example):
- Adoption of a finance partner approach to ensure teams across the business have access to financial and analytical support when/where required.
- Ensuring, through routine (weekly/monthly) and ad-hoc reporting, that key stakeholders have a sound understanding of actual and forecast financial and operational performance of the business and the key drivers of under/over-performance.
- Play an integral role of the Group’s financial planning and forecasting processes, ensuring financial plans and forecasts are modelled accurately to reflect approved programmes and initiatives across the Group.
- Delivery of daily/weekly / monthly KPI’s performance reports and a rolling reforecast with accompanying commentaries providing value- adding analysis and insight.
- Decision support in the form of investment appraisal and RoI tracking
- Proactive identification of areas for operational and/or financial performance improvement
- Support in the delivery of an annual Business Plan and subsequent reforecasts as required
- Oversight of cost management and reporting processes
- Ad Hoc Projects as & when required by the board
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified accountant with a background in FP&A/Commercial Finance
- Strong oral and written communication skills; positive attitude and interpersonal skills
- Experience of managing multiple key stakeholders
- Resilient to change and more importantly able to act as a change agent
- Absorb and summarise complex or diverse information
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Power BI experience capability is desirable but not essential.
- Demonstrated ‘hands on’ delivery approach
- Capable of interpreting information and providing succinct analysis to senior stakeholders
Skills and Attributes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Take ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required.
- Can show creative thinking when solving problems, wanting to resolve these as quickly as possible.
- Comfortable operating in fast-paced environments with informal ways of working
- Possess a great work ethic, positive mindset, and limitless thinking
- You will be forward thinking, and customer focused
- Naturally ambitious, hardworking and achievement oriented
- You will be resilient and have a strong desire to succeed, going above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.
In return you will receive the following benefits:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3 x death in service
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount