Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 350 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
About the Role
Part of the accounts receivable team, you will ensure the delivery of a high service level whilst working within internal compliance and legislation requirements. You will be experienced in maximising cash collection, minimising credit risk and maintaining audit standards in a fast-paced changing environment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Effectively managing & operating the sales ledger, ensuring payments are collected in line with agreed payment terms, proactively managing communications
- Creation of sales invoices and entry into the system, monitoring and allocating cash on a timely basis
- Responding promptly to enquiries raised to ensure timely resolution
- Ensuring that the cash flow of the business is optimised by liaising internally and externally to resolve any queries
- Ensuring fraud risk, credit risk or trade compliance risks, from new customers and the existing customer portfolio, are controlled according to business specifications.
- Performing Root Cause Analysis of complex issues to drive process improvement and issue resolution in the end to end AR Process flow
- Identifying potential process improvements to increase efficiency
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI’s) for the team and any outsource provider
- Being the first point of contact to the business and third-party providers as a SME (Subject Matter Expert)
Skills and Experience Required
- + 2 years experience in sales ledger
- GCSE Maths & English
- Ability to perform day-to-day detailed work of creating invoices accurately and using available systems to ensure that the ledger is accurately maintained
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers & suppliers to ensure that cash is collected timely
- Good client awareness to ensure that Travel Counsellors reputation is upheld
- Has an interest and awareness of the wider travel industry.
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude to resolving customer issues.
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount