At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Providing operational 24/7 support, 365 days a year, to our Global Travel Counsellors by monitoring Worldwide events, FCO advice and alerts from other Trade Partners. Will then be proactive in running reports to identify any bookings affected and communicating updates to our Travel Counsellors. Offering support to Travel Counsellors for any in-resort issues or emergency situations. Working rota includes 12hr shifts over a 24-hour period on a 4 day on 4 day off rota basis.
- Continuous monitoring of world events; assessing the impact to our customers and business.
- Being the calm voice of reason during emergency and crisis situations globally.
- Offering creative solutions to our customers when things don’t go to plan during their holiday or business trip.
- Amendments to often complex itineraries with multiple flight, hotel and other components during travel.
- Communicating operational changes to bookings to our Travel Counsellors prior to departure.
- Pro-actively chasing information from our direct contracts and suppliers whilst building and maintaining effective relationships
- Assist both Travel Counsellors and where appropriate their clients with any in resort issues.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, Consolidated and published tickets.
- Managing involuntary flight schedule changes and then assisting our Travel Counsellors with amending or cancelling any affected ground components
- Issue new flight tickets outside of normal office hours.
- Obtaining rates and checking availability via the in-house Phenix booking system.
- Providing quotes for amendments and cancellations to both in house package bookings and individually quoted ground components e.g. Hotels transfers, car hire etc. and then process accordingly.
- A proven background in a similar Travel based role
- Experience of Ticket re-issues and fare building (desirable)
- Experience of and able to work unusual hours/out of hours support (24/7 on a rotating shift pattern)
- Previous experience of working on a GDS (Galileo preferable) – to obtain best possible flight options/fares.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, consolidated and published tickets
- Previous knowledge and experience of issuing and amending flight tickets.
- Dealing with duty office/in resort issuing
- Understands fare rules and different fare types
- Familiar with hotel room rates, availability and contracts
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- GDS experience (Galileo preferable) – to obtain best possible flight options/fares.
- Foreign Languages would also be of benefit (Desirable)
- IT literate with advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to build rapport and engage with all types of individual, shares a passion for delivering excellent customer service.
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills, able to multitask and thrives under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, taking ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required.
- A confident communicator, helpful when dealing with queries over the phone, by email and in person.
- Shows creative thinking when solving problems, wanting to resolve these as quickly as possible.
- You will take pride in your appearance and personal brand and possess a charismatic personality.
- Must be an individual that shares our passion for delivering excellent customer service
- You will be forward thinking, and customer focused with a “can do” attitude.
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments with informal ways of working.
- You will be positive and enthusiastic in your approach and comfortable adapting to change.
- Naturally ambitious, hardworking and driven
- You’ll need to be resilient and have a strong desire to succeed, going above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.
- Possess a great work ethic, positive mindset and limitless thinking.