Your new company
Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, people-based travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. Famous for the way we look after our customers and people, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business. Our vision is to be the most caring business in the world. We have 1,800 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 400 support staff based from our global head office located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and globally in our 6 international offices.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth predicated by delivering both world class levels of people engagement, development and support and world class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear leadership mantra of inspiring people to a future without limits and people behaviours centred around Focus, Pace, Execution, Innovation and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
Your new role
Travel Counsellors are recruiting for an Aftersales Executive to provide flexible operational support. Providing exceptional customer service is the main focus, as Operations is the main point of contact for all Travel Counsellor franchisee’s needing support & guidance. You will support the Aftersales team in assisting with both voluntary and involuntary amendments and cancellations to our in house TC packages and will also share the queue management for the in-house flights that we book including schedule changes and flight disruption. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with natural ambition, limitless thinking, a positive mind-set working within a company with a fantastic culture that always puts our customers, Travel Counsellors and our people first!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Dealing with queries and communicating effectively with the Travel Counsellors via various means, namely email, telephone and Lync messages as well as Live chat.
- Problem solving – Dealing with system & human errors quickly and efficiently.
- Assisting our Travel Counsellors with the systems we use daily.
- Understanding fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, Consolidated and published tickets.
- Managing involuntary flight schedule changes and then assisting our Travel Counsellors with amending or cancelling any affected ground components.
- Sourcing Alternative flights & ground arrangements due to Flight Disruption and schedule changes.
- Providing quotes for amendments and cancellations to both in house package bookings and individually quoted ground components e.g. Hotels transfers, car hire etc. and then process accordingly
- Queue management including vendor remarks, meal and seat requests and other airline messages
- Restoring ITX deposit fares when ticket issue is due
- Build relationships with your internal colleagues working across various departments supporting where required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in travel
- GDS experience (Galileo preferable) – to obtain best possible flight options/fares. GDS trained.
- Understanding of fare rules to allow the processing of voluntary changes to scheduled flights including IT, consolidated and published tickets
- High Standard of accuracy & attention to detail
- Take ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required
- Shows creative thinking when solving problems, wanting to resolve these as quickly as possible
- You’ll be well organised, a good listener, a clear communicator and be able to build strong relationships
- Share our passion for delivering excellent customer service.
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working
- Costco membership
- Free breakfast and fruit every day
- Trafford Centre discounts
- 25 days holiday
- Charity days
- Free parking
- Annual bonus