Senior Systems and Applications Engineer
Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
About the Role
The Senior Systems and Applications Engineer will be required to offer robust IT services to both remote end users and head office colleagues globally. This is a hands-on technical role requiring a high level of technical expertise, working closely with TSD, Platform and Security teams to implement best practice and ensure robust house-keeping and maintenance routines within our Microsoft estate (Intune MDM, Defender, Office365, Azure AD, Exchange Online, Autopilot and Dynamics 365).
Acting as an owner of the core Microsoft platforms ensuring effective and efficient technical implementation. You will own systems and services on our Microsoft platform supporting and enabling over 2500 users across the business.
Majority of the role is project/maintenance/housekeeping based, with an element of incident resolution from internal technical escalations.
- Collaborates with network services, software systems engineering and/or application development in order to restore service and/or identify problems.
- Provides technical support to the organization's internal users of computer applications and hardware (e.g., PCs, servers, mainframes). Implement industry best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL framework and technology Service Management. Outcome driven, own and see through to resolution. Technical escalations from the team and ensure robust housekeeping and maintenance.
- Working methods and qualityWork in a logic way and understand all of the risks, benefits and opportunities within the toolsets. Liaise with internal teams to align and drive improvements, securing the estate and ensuring a robust maintenance routine.
- Experience working with MS InTune MDM and Azure AD
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount