At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities, and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Brief overview of the position
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for an ambitious individual seeking a new opportunity to join our Commercial Team. This role will include on the job training and development to support you to co-own our retail supplier journey, which includes product sourcing & contracting, relationship management, contract negotiation, business admin and being responsible for the profitable development of our retail partnerships.
Working in a dynamic and fast paced team you will learn the skills required to manage strategic partnerships from sourcing & planning right through to delivery, including:
- How to drive and develop the retail partnership programme for Travel Counsellors across key product types including strategic tour operators and specialist product types sold under our retail business stream.
- How to meet the businesses strategic aims and high standard of service including identifying partnerships to further enhance our direct travel business booked and managed through our platform Phenix.
- The company’s requirements to ensure all relevant supplier partners meet our contractual terms to both sets of our customers internally and externally, ensuring our risk position is managed and protected.
- How to negotiate the commercial and product relationships, agreements and best global rates and/or commission levels with all retail partners.
- How digital transformation is supporting the future of the business and how we work with our supplier partners.
- Help design and work with partners new and old to create innovative product solutions for both individuals and groups.
- How to use data to inform and make commercial decisions
- How to report on travel trends and wider market research to identify new areas of opportunity and maximise sales.
- How to report to key stakeholders on the retail program status on a regular basis.
Key Attributes & Skills needed for the role:
This is an internal opportunity for an ambitious colleague with a keen interest in what we do in the Commercial Team. You don’t need to have any commercial experience as we’ll teach you everything you need to know for your role, but you must be passionate about travel and what we’re building at Travel Counsellors.
Ideally, you will have a keen interest in working in a customer service environment e.g. retail, hospitality and are motivated by working with people with excellent communication skills
You must be able to multi-task and assist with the co-ordination of several projects simultaneously as well as being able to prioritise effectively, reacting to the needs of the business as required.
As an individual you will:
- Be able to multi-task and assist with the co-ordination of several projects simultaneously as well as being able to prioritise effectively, reacting to the needs of the business as required. You must be able to use your initiative and work with the minimum of supervision, maintaining clear focus under pressure is a must
- Be target driven and motivated
- Be analytical and numerical
- Have a professional & presentable appearance, to represent the company when you meet with
- Have a flexible work approach including hours and visibility in the office
- Be flexible to travel, as you may have requirement to attend events, training, and meetings away from the office
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your CV and expression of interest to Sarah Lloyd-Foster by no later than Friday 5th November. Interviews will be conducted over the following two weeks due to the TC Together Events taking place.