At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities, and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level
You will drive the partnerships programme and assist with the delivery of partner activity across a wide range of products. You will use your commercial acumen to identify additional partnership opportunities in line with the needs of the business, ensuring you always remain proactive and engaged. You will maintain and develop the logistical pathway from partnership agreements from proposal to delivery. As a key focus of this position will be with our cruise partners and products.
- Drive the partnerships programme and support the delivery of agreed partner activity withMarketing, Training and Events.
- Collaborate with marketing function to deliver creative marketing and activation plans that deliver mutual value across our various products & destinations
- You will develop, grow, and activate new and existing marketing assets both D2C andthrough the Travel Counsellor network.
- You will bring a digital first approach to value creation with creative flair and energy toexecute on forward thinking plans
- Responsible for developing and driving the partnerships revenue targets and KPIs within thePartnerships and Commercial team.
- Continue to evolve and streamline the operational pathway/reporting for commercialpartnerships.
- Planning and delivery of all partnership planning and sales assets.
- Conduct in travel trend and wider market research to identify new areas of partnershipopportunities and maximise sponsor value and sales.
- Support the our Commercial Account Managers to optimise their performance and delivery of the products they contract.
- Report to key stakeholders on partnerships programme status on a regular basis.
- Drive conference contribution targets across the commercial team, with a focus on cruise.
- Ensure all partnerships trackers are completed, accurate and up to date at all times.
- Going the extra mile to deliver the highest level of service and care that can be found in theindustry.
- Flexible in working hours and able to conduct meetings off site at various locations.Personal Specification
• Proven negotiation and persuasive skills.
• Strong commercial, analytical and numeracy ability.
• Ability to multi-task and assist with the co-ordination of several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to build rapport and engage with all types of individuals.
• Possess a mature and consultative approach.
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to nurture relationships.
• Proven ability to communicate at work collaboratively with staff at all levels.
• High degree of accuracy and organisation.
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Confident in using and analysing data.
• Excellent presentation skills including the ability to pull together on brand presentations.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant commercial and or product experience
• Strong worldwide travel knowledge.
• You will possess strong commercial acumen with a passion to grow and maximise profitswhilst having the autonomy to evolve the role to further opportunities we share with oursupplier partners.
• Experience in presenting and pitching to a large audience.
• Experience of working with individuals of all levels.
• You will take pride in your appearance and personal brand and possess a charismaticpersonality.
• We operate with pace at Travel Counsellors, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in anagile and fastpaced environment and understand the importance of putting the customer atthe heart of everything you do.
• You will be forward thinking, and customer focused.
• We’re powered by people at Travel Counsellors and exceptional interpersonal skills arerequired for this role, championing our caring approach for our candidates, colleagues,customers and communities.
• Naturally ambitious, hardworking and motivated.
• You’ll need to be resilient and have a strong desire to succeed, going above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.
• Possess a great work ethic, positive mindset and limitless thinking