Founded 26 years ago, Travel Counsellors is the UK’s leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel agents with a growing international presence. Private equity backed by Vitruvian Partners, well-known for backing exceptional entrepreneurs and management teams in companies creating sustainable high growth or strategic value through change and transformation, our disruptive model enables over 1,800 independent travel entrepreneurs to create home-based travel businesses using a high touch, service-led approach to target a wide range of leisure and corporate travel customers.
With our own sophisticated and proprietary technology (Phenix), 2019 was the Company’s 17th year of consecutive double-digit growth with a total transaction value (TTV) surpassing £650million for the first time and with a UK leisure travel market valued at £6bn, we believe our aim to ‘scale with intimacy’ will help drive our mission to transform the travel experiences for our customers and the lives of our Travel Counsellors, colleagues and communities.
Voted the ‘Best Travel Operator’ in ‘Money Saving Expert’s July 2020 survey for how refunds and customer service has been handled during the COVID-19 crisis as a result of our business model that is powered by our people and unique sense of community. We’re more confident than ever that our business model will be even more valuable in a post-pandemic world as we look to capitalise on a consumer group looking for a personal service from a travel provider whilst offering a life-changing experience for our global Travel Counsellor community.
Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
A senior design role working as part of the marketing team that provides the business with creative assets to support the full range of business activity including; Consumer, Corporate, Recruitment, People and internal comms. You will manage and develop a junior designer and together you will enhance our creative output. In addition to managing a high volume of design workload, you will play a key role in campaign development and use your experience and insight to deliver innovation, particularly across digital channels. You will also be responsible for:
- Being the guardian & governance of brand guidelines ensuring availability of brand collateral, coordinating the provision of key assets to the wider business ensuring consistency and effectiveness across different audiences and the global business
- Playing a key role in the creative and planning process using your creative experience and ideas
- Taking formal and informal briefs from around the business and working with colleagues to creative excellent online and offline design content
- The output large volume of high-quality artwork within set deadlines, responding to the needs of our global business
- Continually seeking to improve your knowledge and experience of design techniques and technologies
- Ensuring all content is aligned to the Travel Counsellors brand and brand experience; specifically, that the brand is projected powerfully and consistently to all our audiences
- Developing an understanding of the end-to-end leisure Customer, TC Candidate and corporate Client journeys, as relevant to design
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years graphic design experience, ideally with a mix of B2C and B2B
- A design related qualification
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – minimum Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator
- Experience of line-management and team development
- Experience across online and offline design creation
- Knowledge and understanding of printing processes
- Track record of creative development
- Understanding of how to design for all main social media platforms
- Understanding and experience of mobile responsive design
- Experience in video asset creation and editing
- Experience working on premium and / or luxury brands is desirable
- Travel industry experience and understanding UX design principles are desirable
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- You will possess a passion for brand and customer first thinking and will be committed to consistently producing work of the highest quality.
- Comfortable taking constructive feedback and direction
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments with informal ways of working
- Possess a strong work ethic, positive mindset and inquisitive nature
- Commitment to getting the job done, regardless of constraints
- You will be resilient and have a strong desire to succeed, going above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.
- People person with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style
- Ability to work and line manage across multiple projects simultaneously against tight deadlines
- Organised and effective time manager
- Natural ability to create, edit and manage content for a variety of audiences and personas
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision