Business Support Executive
At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 26 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
We have a recently created a multi skilled team of Business Support Executives to fulfil key roles across our business and are on the lookout for experienced operational travel professionals with a passion for customer service as we embark on a journey towards a more “self-serve” support environment.
As we undergo a company wide Digital Transformation programme, the role of our support centre is shifting from a traditional helpdesk to a multi skilled group of high performing individuals who are driven to deliver exceptional service as well as to think creatively about how we improve our service. In return, you’ll have the chance to work on exciting projects and assignments that will enhance your experiences and career opportunities within a disruptive and ambitious business.
Adding Value to Travel Counsellors
Comfortable with change and flexible in your approach, you will have the ability to respond easily to the varying needs of our customers. The role will rotate between different areas of Operations, duties include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a brand ambassador to provide professional and world class customer service to new and existing Travel Counsellors
- Supporting Travel Counsellors to secure new bookings, including manual accommodation costings
- Managing voluntary and involuntary changes to existing bookings
- Assisting with booking cancellations
- Being a first point of call for in house system queries
- Contributing to team discussion around process improvements
- Supporting our Travel Counsellors to adopt new ways of working and tools available
Skills, Experience & Behaviours Required
- Energetic, motivating and positive individual
- Travel operations experience, such as airline/tour operator/hospitality
- Experience of dealing with external stakeholders/partners i.e. commercial suppliers (desirable)
- Knowledge of dealing with operational enquiries and in resort issues
- GDS experience essential – (Galileo/Smartpoint preferable)
- Proficient in MS Office products including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work across different contact channels at the same time, such as email, telephone and live chat
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while working with both internal and external customers
- Must be accountable and be able to work with minimal supervision to fully resolve customer queries
- Ability to take ownership and deliver a resolution
- Ability to work at pace
- Strive in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair for customer service
- Flexible in working hours to cover a variety of shifts