Founded over 26 years ago, Travel Counsellors is the UK’s leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel agents with a growing international presence. Private equity backed by Vitruvian Partners, well-known for backing exceptional entrepreneurs and management teams in companies creating sustainable high growth or strategic value through change and transformation, our disruptive model enables over 1,800 independent travel entrepreneurs to create home-based travel businesses using a high touch, service-led approach to target a wide range of leisure and corporate travel customers.
With our own sophisticated and proprietary technology (Phenix), 2019 was the Company’s 17th year of consecutive double-digit growth with a total transaction value (TTV) surpassing £650million for the first time and with a UK leisure travel market valued at £6bn, we believe our aim to ‘scale with intimacy’ will help drive our mission to transform the travel experiences for our customers and the lives of our Travel Counsellors, colleagues and communities.
Multi-award winning as a result of a business model that is powered by our people and unique sense of community, we’re more confident than ever that our business will be even more valuable in a post-pandemic world as we look to capitalise on a consumer group looking for personal service from a travel provider whilst offering a life-changing experience for our global Travel Counsellors community.
We are looking for a Digital Transformation Lead for a 12mth FTC to join our Operation function who will be responsible for scoping, prioritising and delivering our digital strategy in this area.
We are currently embarking on a companywide Digital Transformation Program and this role, reporting into the Head of Operations and in collaboration with Tech and PMO function, is an exciting opportunity to shape and drive change in the operations arena as the company transitions from a legacy network to a platform business. We are working to remove manual processes and build a scalable, industry leading booking management platform.
As an agent of change, you will play a lead role in guiding our business teams in the adoption of digital innovation and capabilities and provide a practical approach to applying technology where it will add value.
- Analysis of existing processes, identifying potential improvements
- Consulting with end users and helping to identify pain points and potential solutions
- Undertaking feasibility studies for development incorporating costs and benefits
- Awareness of latest technology solutions, advising upon the potential introduction of such technology
- Producing business cases and user stories, benefit mapping, contributing to tech roadmap
- Leading a variety of digital transformation initiatives within the Operations function by creating clear plans, timelines, resource requirements, etc.
- Successfully delivering initiatives on time and on budget, ensuring that they meet the needs and expectations of the business
- Build the foundations to increase the pace of digital change within the Operations function
- Strong collaboration skills / stakeholder management across levels and functions
- Proven track record of conceptualising technology solutions to solve business problems
- Project management and execution
- Strong experience in using data to help inform decisions
- Technology expertise and knowledge of current trends
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to simplify the complex
- Strong problem-solving skills
- RPA and AI knowledge
- Experience of running operational projects, Business Process Engineering and Lean Transformation