Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver the business values and travel proposition clearly, outlining the features and benefits of owning a travel franchise business, how we lead this sector of the travel industry and how we stand out from the competition.
- Successfully converting sales leads provided by the business
- Sourcing potential candidates through social media and other channels who have the desire to own a travel franchise, who may have the skills and experience from outside this industry to create a successful company and lifestyle.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our existing Travel Counsellors and working closing with them to add more franchises via referrals.
- Researching and sourcing the best talent to sell the franchise opportunity to (backgrounds of these individuals are not limited to people within the travel industry)
- Developing relationships and progressing candidates through the decision-making process to join and inducting them successfully with collaboration from our internal business partners
- Meeting potential franchisees face to face, understanding their motivation and potential ability to run a franchise business, reviewing their business plan and managing their expectations
- Presenting at our franchise roadshow events
- Presenting on Webinars
- Attend networking and travel trade events
- Working to sales targets
Skills and Experience required:
- At least 5 years sales experience and be able to demonstrable experience of meeting sales targets and exceeding service levels
- Outstanding negotiation and persuasive skills
- To have a mature and consultative approach
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to nurture relationships
- Ability to work in a target driven role
- Strong desire to succeed
- Great work ethic
To be successful in this role you will be:
- You will be an experienced sales and relationship person with a can-do attitude
- Ability to build rapport and engage with potential franchisees
- Supporting and guiding the franchisees through the sales process
- A go getter with a strong understanding and experience of recruiting or currently working within the travel industry or travel agency
- Flexible in working hours and able to conduct meetings off site at various locations
In return you will receive the following benefits:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3 x death in service
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount