At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 26 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
This is an exciting position for our business as we look to leverage the brilliant exposure we have had over the last 12 months in relation to how we have supported our people and our customers throughout the pandemic and how we translate this into an ambitious but engaging recruitment marketing strategy to turn the dial on how and who we recruit into our special business.
We’re looking for an experienced Employer Brand and Recruitment Marketing expert who has experience in working with digital businesses and producing impactful recruitment campaigns that have achieved outstanding results.
Welcoming applications from anywhere across the UK, this role will be based at our Manchester Support Office once we’re back up and running again with the expectation of being in Manchester at least 3 days a week to build relationships with our Support Team and proactively lead from the front, so you’ll need to be comfortable with being visible at our Venus Support Office on a regular basis. This is an exciting challenge for the right person to come in and influence entrepreneurs across the UK to join a business that wants to redefine what personal means for the travel industry.
Working collaboratively with key stakeholders, you’ll be responsible for delivering our franchisee recruitment plan, producing and implementing a multi-channel strategy including Search, Social Media, Content (online & offline), Influencer and PR activity to recruit the next generation of travel entrepreneurs to our business.
You’ll be a custodian of our brand, attracting the best talent to our business and ensuring that you have a customer first approach to everything you do. You’ll deploy your innovative and creative imagination to implement industry leading creative campaigns to attract a diverse range of talent whilst catapulting the Travel Counsellors brand and our value proposition to new audiences.
You will also have responsibility for marketing management of our Corporate Travel business, including acquisition of new corporate clients, and supporting our Travel Counsellors with marketing to their existing clients and new opportunities.
You have to be comfortable with working strategically but being able to deliver operationally too, as with a small team, it’s all hands-on deck. This role isn’t for empire builders, but for those willing to roll their sleeves up and deliver a market-leading recruitment marketing strategy that will take our business, and your career to the next level.
The role will also include the following:
- Design and own the recruitment marketing strategy and plan, across all marketing channels, owning the full creative and implementation lifecycle and being agile in your approach to respond to emerging market opportunities and business needs
- Create innovative ideas so the brand remains competitive and keeps its integrity
- Ensure consistency across all channels, making sure recruitment campaigns are on brand, competitive and commercial
- Developing best in class client briefs for agencies and expertly managing our agencies (Search, Media & Creative) to deliver impactful, effective and efficient campaigns
- Take clear responsibility for the development of campaign KPIs and work with internal stakeholders to set up a reporting framework for this
- Building Brand Equity; ensuring marketing activities build long term brand equity and in-market results
- Managing relationships with key external agencies and ensuring delivery to time and budget
- Leverage data to determine campaign impact and effectiveness to ensure RoI is materialised and reporting to demonstrate success
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and innovations and bring ideas to position Travel Counsellors as a leader in its field
- Mentor and support the development of the wider team around you
Key Skills and Experience Required
This is a truly exciting role for our business, and you’ll share our passion for our brand and culture that has been expertly crafted over the last 27 years. We’re looking for the following from the successful candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience including at least 2 years’ experience at a culture-driven business in an employer brand or recruitment marketing role
- Demonstrable recruitment marketing experience, ideally with examples of innovative and creative solutions to tackle business challenges
- Experience in strategy and campaign activation
- Strong storytelling experience to leverage our value proposition and ensure the audience is actively engaged, using insights as a springboard of creativity to unlock growth
- Data & insight driven to understand all the information around you and how you can translate the problem into a solution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing PPC, SEO, Social Media, advertising agencies and campaigns
- Minimum of 2 years’ Email / CRM marketing and website content experience, using a range of platforms
- Highly organised and structured in your approach to work.
- Performance-driven and goal orientated who is passionate about delivering results on time, to a high quality and within budget
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong left & right brain - known for creativity and innovation but also for rigorous testing, measurement, and iteration to improve results continuously