At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 26 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Reporting to Chief Technology Officer, you will collaborate with business colleagues and stakeholders to innovate, propose and shape investment, define projects, and set out enterprise technology designs that underpin the business strategy. You will be empowered to make big decisions and expected to influence from project to board level. Communication is a critical success factor in this role, with a confident grasp of technology concepts essential.
Travel Counsellors is undergoing an exciting large-scale digital transformation, and this is a new role that has been formed as part of the digital and technology leadership team.
As the sole Enterprise Architect, you will play a leading role in setting the vision and strategy for digital and information technology and support the development of the enterprise IT and Digital Tech roadmap.
This role will help the business to evolve and adapt in a managed way, by ensuring all major changes and developments are considered as part of its strategy. Working directly with members of the executive and senior management teams you will need to ensure information is captured, organised, analysed and conveyed in a set of Enterprise Architect documents and models.
You will provide direction on what technologies could be introduced and integrated to evolve and extend our existing proprietary technology and platform, ensuring that we stay at the forefront of the changing IT and Digital landscape.
Culture fit is extremely important, and we are seeking a caring, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, hands on Enterprise Architect, with an extensive understanding of the ever-changing technology landscape. Experience of both legacy platforms and more leading-edge cloud services/microservices is essential.
Possessing a strong technical background, you will be experienced in designing and developing unified visions for software and product solutions. You will see the “big picture” and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team
Through your entrepreneurial thinking and action, your strong technical experience, excellent IT skills, industry knowledge and your deep understanding of software design and technical development, you will support the wider team to successfully raise the company’s platform offering to the next level.
This is a highly visible role across the business and personal skills are as important as technical. You will be a strong personality with an influential leadership style, able to drive results and inspire teams around you to a future without limits.
You’ll also be responsible for the following:
- Create and implement a technology vision and roadmap that is aligned to the company strategy
- Create business architecture models that reflect our product and platform strategies and goals
- Implement architectural views covering people, process, information and technology that are accessible yet built with architectural rigor
- Understand business and commercial objectives, developing solutions that enhance and extend our product and platform offering
- Support, guide and mentor members of the software engineering function and wider technology department
- Develop relationships with industry partners to identify opportunities to enhance the TC value proposition
- Work with engineering teams as well as partners to develop implementation strategies to accelerate time to value
- Create methods for compliance architecture, such as data storage, metadata management, and change control
Key Skills & Experiences Required
- 3+ years of proven experience operating as an Enterprise Architect with a strong software development/applications background
- Passion for technology and best practice
- Strong technical understanding of legacy technologies and cloud services/microservices
- Be able to define standards, patterns, building blocks within an architectural framework
- Extensive experience of delivering in an Agile environment is required
- Ability to create and communicate logical solution designs following key architectural principles to inform business cases and project start
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ability to work at board level in a professional manner
- Experience in managing, mentoring or leading others in a small team environment
- Comfortable in presenting complex data and information to non-technical audiences
- Customer centric- putting the customer at the heart of everything you do
- Able to work under pressure, in an often-impatient environment
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Enterprise Architecture Certification (TOGAF etc.)
- Knowledge of Archimate
- Technical Certification (AWS Certified Architect, Open Group Certified Architect (Open CA), Cloud Architect
- MBA – Desirable, but not required
Desirable Technical Skills
- AWS and Azure
- Apache Kafka
- CRM & ERP Platforms
- Mobile App Technologies (iOS/Android)
- Data Management
- Software Development Lifecycles
- Big Data Analytics
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
- Understanding of IT security, infrastructure, and governance