At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
This role is a for a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, you will be supporting the business by managing, maintaining and improving the technical systems and processes. Helping develop and refine back-end and user facing services to ensure maximum efficiency and value is delivered.
Working in a fast-paced IT department with remote end users and head office colleagues globally. This is a hands-on role requiring a high level of technical expertise, working closely with Service Desk, Application, Network and Security teams.
Acting as a key point of contact to deliver an effective and efficient technical support service to resolve any IT related queries and/or incidents by reporting issues, requesting information or access and recommending innovative solutions to enable users to quickly return to their duties. You will be encouraged to own issues through to complete resolution, providing an opportunity to input into the whole user experience.
- Provide technical, operational and engineering support
- Improving Tech support process through automation.
- Expand our use of Windows deployment tools, Windows Auto-pilot and Windows Configuration Designer to assist with user onboarding.
- Assisting the development of pro-active system monitoring and alerting (Microsoft suite and SolarWinds)
- Helping us get the most out of our existing toolsets and identifying areas for improved efficiency, security and ease of administration.
- Research and seek solutions to problems and document findings in a timely and effective manner.
- To familiarise with and contribute to IT knowledge base and other information resources and take every opportunity to share knowledge.
- At times, providing investigation and diagnosis to assist with technical issues.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Incident management, Problem management and Request Fulfilment.
- Good knowledge of IT services delivered within a corporate environment.
- Ability to diagnose technical faults quickly and accurately.
- Ability to compile and maintain internal and user-facing documentation.
- You will work well under pressure, alongside colleagues to support the Technology team. You will offer advice and mentorship to more junior colleagues.
- Previous experience of Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Active Directory & Azure Active Directory, Hybrid Exchange environment, InTune MDM, Power Automate, Powershell and monitoring tools
- Any relevant formal Microsoft training, (Desirable).
- Any experience of supporting the travel industry (Desirable).
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to build rapport and engage with all types of individuals, internally and with 3rd parties.
- Possess a mature and consultative approach, ability to question the status quo and rethink.
- Proven ability to communicate at work collaboratively with staff at all levels and nurture relationships.
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a motivation to provide the best possible solutions.
- Ability to take ownership and work with minimum supervision.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to learn and support new services as the business undertakes a broad digital transformation.
- You will be forward thinking; customer focused and enjoy contributing to building a motivated environment.
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments with informal ways of working.
- Naturally ambitious and hardworking with a flexible and positive approach to work.
- You’ll need to be resilient and have a strong desire to succeed, going above and beyond to deliver exceptional results.
- Possess a great work ethic, positive mindset and limitless thinking.