At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for almost 30 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 2,000 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super-talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that bring them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel continues to grow, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced CRM & Analytics Marketing Executive who can come on board and be part of our marketing team. You’ll have the amazing opportunity to reach your potential among some of the most talented people in travel.
To maximise the effectiveness of the CRM database to improve the customer experience; through targeted marketing communications to drive brand awareness and loyalty through customer acquisition and retention.
We’re seeking an experienced CRM & Analytics Marketing Executive to delve deep into the CRM database, enhance workflows and processes and fully utilise system capabilities to create long-lasting customer relationships.
You’ll have proven experience (ideally 3-5 years) of CRM strategy, planning, campaign execution and database maintenance to effectively deliver digital marketing campaigns that achieve results. There is a strong requirement for analytical skills, and a keen interest in data, reporting and evaluation. Audiences will be mostly consumers, however, there may be the requirement to support the new Travel Counsellor franchise recruitment and business travel areas of the business as required.
CRM Development & Campaigns
- Responsible for maximising the CRM database potential, identifying target audience segmentation opportunities and delving into the database to understand our customer more with a view to improving our targeting and impact of our communications.
- Implementing CRM strategies and marketing campaigns to support enquiry lead generation and customer retention, including building email campaign workflows throughout the enquiry, booking and post booking journey (to ensure high quality brand led content is delivered to the right people, at the right time).
- Work closely with the Data & Insight team to develop a good working knowledge of the flow of data from source systems into the CRM database.
- Proactively identify opportunities for automating reporting processes and liaise with the Data & Insight team to implement.
- Scope and develop new email marketing opportunities to improve targeting and efficiency, including dynamic/conditional content marketing, work with existing providers.
- Enhance database potential by driving marketing opt-in and improve database insight by utilising external data enhancements; Mosaic, Travel Insights etc, and by working with Travel Counsellors to improve preference centre completion.
- Involvement for building and testing new email templates, working with our design team.
- Build and test marketing emails, creating journeys and data selection, sending emails and post campaign analysis.
- Create and manage A/B (and multi-variant) testing programme to continually optimise and improve email performance to outperform industry standard.
- Act as the liaison between Marketing, software providers and Data team (inc. Data Protection Manager) for any project work, system development, maintenance, problem solving, and reporting/training requirements.
- Ensuring maintenance of customer database records in line with GDPR requirements, liaising with individual Travel Counsellors and legal team where required.
Measurement & Analysis
- Use a variety of systems, tools and techniques to measure and analyse database, campaign and activity results and preparing substantiated management information reports for all stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Commercial/Partnerships team to feedback on campaign performance and produce evidencing requirements to our commercial suppliers as required. Feed learnings and provide recommendations for future growth opportunities.
Summary of Key Attributes and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in a full-time employed CRM/digital marketing role
- Marketing qualification (degree/CIM/IDM)
- Database mining experience
- Experience in creating dynamic email content/advanced content filtering
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau or similar
- Lives within a commutable distance to our offices in Trafford City, Manchester (with a minimum of 3 days a week required in the office)
- Data driven, with an analytical mind
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Driven, passionate and enthusiastic – ready to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- The ability to problem-solve to achieve deadlines
- Organised with exceptional attention to detail and a desire to achieve high standards
- Enjoys working as part of a team yet capable of working proactively and autonomously
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure, in an often-impatient environment with many priorities
- Customer focused
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and focuses on impact, delivery and achievement
Summary of Desirable Attributes and Qualifications
- Sector experience of travel, or leisure desirable
- Experience in using website CMS desirable
- HTML5 desirable