At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
This is an exciting position for our business as we look to leverage the brilliant exposure we have had over the last 12 months in relation to how we have supported our people and our customers throughout the pandemic and how we translate this into an ambitious but engaging recruitment marketing strategy to turn the dial on how and who we recruit into our special business.
We’re looking for an expert Marketing Manager who has experience in working with digital businesses and producing impactful recruitment campaigns that have achieved outstanding results.
Welcoming applications from anywhere across the UK, this role will be based at our Manchester Support Office where we offer a flexible and hybrid working solution. This is an exciting challenge for the right person to come in and influence entrepreneurs across the UK to join a business that wants to redefine what personal means for the travel industry.
Working collaboratively with key stakeholders, you’ll be responsible for delivering our franchisee recruitment plan, producing and implementing a multi-channel strategy including Search, Social Media, Content (online & offline), Influencer and PR activity to recruit the next generation of travel entrepreneurs to our business.
You’ll be a custodian of our brand, attracting the best talent to our business and ensuring that you have a customer first approach to everything you do. You’ll deploy your innovative and creative imagination to implement industry leading creative campaigns to attract a diverse range of talent whilst catapulting the Travel Counsellors brand and our value proposition to new audiences.
You have to be comfortable with working strategically but being able to deliver operationally too, as with a small team, it’s all hands-on deck. This role isn’t for empire builders, but for those willing to roll their sleeves up and deliver a market-leading recruitment marketing strategy that will take our business, and your career to the next level.
The role will also include the following:
- Design and own the recruitment marketing strategy and plan, across all marketing channels
- Ensure consistency across all channels, making sure recruitment campaigns are on brand, competitive and commercial
- Developing best in class client briefs for agencies and expertly managing our agencies (Search, Media & Creative) to deliver impactful, effective and efficient campaigns
- Take clear responsibility for the development of campaign KPIs and work with internal stakeholders to set up a reporting framework for effective measurement and ROI tracking
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and innovations and bring ideas to position Travel Counsellors as a leader in its field
- Mentor and support the development of the wider team around you
Key Skills and Experience Required
This is a truly exciting role for our business, and you’ll share our passion for our brand and culture that has been expertly crafted over the last 27 years. We’re looking for the following from the successful candidate:
- A proven track record in creating marketing campaigns ideally, with examples of innovative and creative solutions to tackle business challenges
- Experience in working with PPC, SEO, Social Media and CRM platforms
- Highly organised and structured in your approach to work.
- Performance-driven and goal orientated who is passionate about delivering results on time, to a high quality and within budget
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong left & right brain - known for creativity and innovation but also for rigorous testing, measurement, and iteration to improve results continuously