Your new company
Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, people-based travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. Famous for the way we look after our customers and people, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business. Our vision is to be the most caring business in the world. We have 1,800 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 400 support staff based from our global headquarters located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and globally in our 6 international offices.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth predicated by delivering both world class levels of people engagement, development and support and world class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear leadership mantra of inspiring people to a future without limits and people behaviours centred around Focus, Pace, Execution, Innovation and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
Your new role
Travel Counsellors are recruiting for a Land only sales consultant to support our home-based Travel Counsellors. You will share our passion in delivering excellent service & support to our TCs around the world ensuring that they remain competitive in their marketplace and offer our customers the best service.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Providing accurate quotations and selling Land Only based elements
- Liaising directly with our bed banks/wholesalers to negotiate the best possible rates
- Speak to overseas hotels whereby we have direct contracts to check availability and obtain any further information required
- Communicating effectively with customers and colleagues and our Travel Counsellors by both telephone and e-mail
- Load manual bookings on to the back office system
- Read detailed contracts & calculating rates
- Empowered to grow the in-house business through regular communication with individual Travel Counsellors to build strong working relationships
- Other activities as requested by the Operations Management team
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in Travel Sales
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work by email and over the phone
- Relationship building
- Selling skills with proven ability to convert an enquiry into a firm sale
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling several quotes and bookings at the same time
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Share our passion for delivering excellent customer service and pride is offering an exemplary service
- Willingness to work on destinations which you may not have worked on in the past and develop new product knowledge
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working
- Costco membership
- Free breakfast and fruit every day
- Trafford Centre discounts
- 25 days holiday
- Charity days
- Free parking
- Annual bonus