Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish. Sound good so far? If so, read on to see what you can expect from us!
Our TC Support function is the engine room of our business. We are investing in a multi skilled team of Operational Support Executives and are on the lookout for professionals with operational travel experience and a passion for customer service. Over time you would spend time in different areas of TC Support enabling us to flex according to business needs and provide the best possible support to our Travel Counsellors.
As we undergo a companywide Digital Transformation programme, the role of our TC Support teams is shifting from a traditional helpdesk to a multi skilled group of high performing individuals who are driven to deliver exceptional service as well as to think creatively about how we improve our service and processes. In return, you’ll have the chance to share your ideas, contribute to exciting projects that will enhance your experiences and career opportunities within a disruptive and ambitious business.
Adding Value to Travel Counsellors
Comfortable with change and flexible in your approach, you will have the ability to respond easily to the varying needs of our customers. The role will rotate between different areas of TC Support, duties include but are not limited to:
- Acting as a brand ambassador to provide professional and world class customer service to new and existing Travel Counsellors
- Supporting Travel Counsellors to secure new bookings, including manual pricing
- Managing voluntary and involuntary changes to existing bookings
- Assisting with booking cancellations
- Being a first point of call for in house system queries
- Contributing to team discussion around process improvements
- Supporting our Travel Counsellors to adopt new ways of working and tools available
Skills, Experience & Behaviours Required
- Energetic, motivating, and positive individual
- Knowledge of dealing with operational enquiries
- Proficient in MS Office products including Excel and Outlook
- Ability to work across different contact channels at the same time, such as email, telephone, and live chat
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while working with both internal and external customers
- Must be accountable and be able to work with minimal supervision to fully resolve customer queries
- Ability to take ownership and deliver a resolution
- Ability to work at pace
- Strive in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair for customer service
- Flexible in working hours to cover a variety of shifts
- Knowledge of dealing with in resort issues
- Experience with GDS systems