Sales Executive - Cork Head Office, Ireland
At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Travel Counsellors was established in Ireland in 2005 and in the past 18 years, we’ve grown to be one of the most respected travel brands in the Irish Market, with over 70 professional Travel Counsellor franchisees across the country.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel Post-Covid soars, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Overview of the Role
You’ll be working as part of the team based at the NSC Campus in Mahon, Cork. This is a full-time role working Monday – Friday with a level of flexibility around working from home (Hybrid Model).
It’s a great opportunity for a team player who has great people skills and a desire to help others. The role will evolve over time, but initially we are looking for someone to provide exceptional customer service and be one of the main points of contact for our Travel Counsellor franchisees when they need support and guidance with bookings, both leisure and corporate.
Personal skills are as important as technical, you’ll be outgoing and engaging, able to work with others with a strong belief in being positive and have a winning attitude. This role requires skills in airfares, GDS systems, a sales history in either Corporate or Leisure or both, and at least 4 years’ experience working in a Travel Agency or Tour Operator environment in Ireland.
Extensive training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Provide help and support to our growing number of Travel Counsellors with the systems we use daily, in particular our in-house reservation system “Phenix”.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in Airfares, working with ITX, Consol, Group fares – both corporate and leisure
- Dealing with queries and communicating effectively with Travel Counsellors
- Help Travel Counsellors get bookings across the line, particularly our newest recruits
- Problem solving – dealing with system and human errors quickly and efficiently
- Proven Travel industry experience gained from previous sales role
- 4 years + experience in a sales role either Leisure or Corporate travel or both
- GDS experience (Galileo preferable although switchover courses are available)
- Experienced in the Microsoft suite of products, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of working with Irish trade partners including airlines and cruise companies, along with a clear understanding of the product
- You’ll be well organised, a good listener, a clear communicator and be able to build strong relationships
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Shows creative thinking when solving problems, wanting to resolve these as quickly as possible. Dynamic and able to operate at a fast pace
- A competitive edge
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills, able to multitask and thrives under pressure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Tenacious, self-motivated and confident
What will you get in return?
You’ll get a truly life-changing experience that helps you establish yourself as part of a leading travel business with real-life experience working with different colleagues both in Ireland and in our overseas offices. In addition to this, you’ll be paid a competitive salary as well as a host of other benefits
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Free Parking
- Travel perks where available
- Private Health allowance
- Company mobile phone
- Full training of our internal systems, our culture and our model
Excellent Salary and package negotiable, depending on experience
If you are innovative, creative, self-confident and passionate about our industry; then we’d love to hear from you. Please send up to date CV with cover email, in strict confidence to Cathy Burke, Managing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our website on www.people.travelcounsellors.ie