Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
As part of the Platform Operations team and the wider Technology department you will be responsible for the availability, stability, and performance of key databases.You will work with teams across the business to provide and maintain database solutions that are secure and scalable on a journey of accelerated growth.This role provides a great opportunity to make a mark and drive a roadmap for the database estate going forward, in a team that its enthusiastic about the products and services it delivers.
- Planning, testing and implementing database installation
- Patching and upgrades of the database estate
- Monitoring of key database elements and alerting with implementation of required tooling
- Documentation. baselining and reporting on the database environment
- Backup and Recovery planning, implementation and testing
- Provide and implement recommendations for performance and stability improvements
- Ensure that the environment is secure and best practices are being adhered to
- Maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
- Support software developers with database related projects.
- Liaise with the Platform Operations team to support planning in the areas of back-up & availability and capacity/storage
- Liaise with the Security teams to support visibility of security measures, assist in security framework adoptions and auditing
Key Attributes & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a computer science, or related, discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a database administration role.
- Experienced in Microsoft SQL Server (2008-2019), SSIS/SSRS and T-SQL
- Database high-availability technologies such as ‘Always-On’
- Understanding of underlying Windows OS and associated technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport and engage with all types of individual to build and nurture relationships
- Strong problem-solving skills and a motivation to provide the best possible service to the user.
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Focus on personal development
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry best practice and trends
- Database related qualifications
- Experience with cloud technology and/or migrations (e.g. DBaaS – preferably AWS / Azure SQL)
- Experience with other database technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, RDS etc.)
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount