At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
The role is ideal for someone who is looking to help shape the rebuilding of the team, is willing to do the groundwork required to enhance our data environment and ultimately deliver analytics that will enable the delivery of our Digital Transformation.
You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working closely with business stakeholders, supporting their requirements for reporting, analysis and insight.Your experience will have been gained in a commercially focussed environment such as marketing or operations.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work with stakeholders across the business, understanding their specific challenges and proactively making recommendations for reporting, analysis and insight.
- Identification of business opportunities where the application of statistical modelling techniques can deliver enhanced business value.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of statistical models.
- Translate the results of analysis into actionable business recommendations that achieve the required outcomes.
- Supporting colleagues the wider Data & Insight team to develop and productionise business intelligence reports within the existing PowerBI platform.
- Liaise with colleagues in the Data & Insight team to ensure that timely and accurate data is available to facilitate the required reporting, analysis and insight.
- Be an advocate for the Data & Insight team across the wider business, working collaboratively to demonstrate how analytical techniques can deliver enhanced business outcomes.
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in a maths or statistics related discipline.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders to deliver analytical projects.
- Advanced user of SQL for data manipulation, experience of Python would be an advantage.
- Expert user of statistical software such as SAS, SPSS or R.
- Experienced in the use of data visualisation and business intelligence software such as PowerBI or an equivalent.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and the need for data to comply with GDPR.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent statistics skills with the ability to apply statistical techniques to solve business problems.
- Ability to build rapport and engage with all types of individual to build and nurture relationships.
- Strong stakeholder manager, able to deal confidently with all levels of seniority and influence outcomes.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a motivation to provide the best possible service to the user.
- Good attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and enthusiastic approach.
- Comfortable operating in fast paced environments with informal ways of working.
- Naturally ambitious and hardworking with a flexible and positive approach to work.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry thinking and has an interest in keeping abreast of current trends in analytics and data science.
Core Values and Beliefs
- You will be a role model for our business values using your personality and behaviours and act with integrity 100% of the time – what we say is what we do.
- You will have a willingness to go the extra mile and always strive to seek job satisfaction.
- You always bring your authentic self to work.
- You pride yourself on building loyal and mutual trusting relationships with colleagues, travel counsellors and supplier partners.
- You will respect and value diversity, creating an environment that is inclusive of all.
- You will be focused on your own personal development as well as the future of our business, participating in the ongoing success of the business and contributing with new and innovate ideas.