Please attach your C.V and a brief description of what interests you most about this role.
Overview of Position:
Working as part of a small team selling high-end travel products to our home based Travel Counsellors. As a key role within the in-house tour-operation in our Groups Department, you will be expected to offer excellent service to Travel Counsellors around the World, ensuring that they remain competitive in their marketplace and we provide them with expert advice and support on tailor made group bookings. This include MICE, leisure groups, school groups with complex international itineraries.
From a Group travel sales background, you will be expected to 'own’ a booking from the first enquiry to the group departure, ensuring high quality of service throughout. You will have specialist knowledge of organising group bookings to a variety short and long-haul destinations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing accurate quotations and selling group packaged trips
- Advising Travel Counsellors as to the best available product to match an enquiry
- Assisting the Travel Counsellor in managing the expectations of their client and supporting them throughout the booking process
- Responsibility for maintaining own product knowledge through a variety of learning resources
- Developing strong relationships with our group product specialists ensuring SLA’s are delivered and clients briefs are exceeded
- Taking responsibility for growing the in-house business through regular communication with individual Travel Counsellors to build strong working relationships.
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Groups Manager.
- This role may involve occasional overseas travel on educational and familiarisation trips.
Key Attributes/Qualifications for the role:
- Experience of working in Group Travel Sales
- Have experience of putting together complex tailor-made enquiries
- Experience using a CRM system to manage the sales process
- Microsoft packages, strong use of Outlook and diary management, competent IT skills
- Team player who can also work autonomously
- Resilient attitude towards work
- Driven attitude to exceed expectations
- Pride in the service that you offer in fast paced environment
- Willingness to develop your knowledge within Group travel
- Able to work as part of a small team with the willingness to actively support colleagues
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work by email and over the phone.
- Relationship building.
- Selling skills with proven ability to convert an enquiry into a firm sale.
- Problem Solving.
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling several quotes and bookings at the same time.
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail