Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
Role Profile and Overview
The purpose of the Commercial Support Administrator(s) will be to support the wider commercial team with a range of tasks in order to achieve the team and company objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting new supplier onboarding process including requesting credit references and completing credit applications
- Ensure maintenance of contract within the allocated storage area; making sure checklists and contract logs are followed and completed.
- Internal maintenance of commercial contract information within our back office, intranet and hubs environments.
- Monitoring of relevant insurance products relevant to supplier financial protection.
- Logging of proposals containing partnership and marketing activity.
- Completing requests for invoices to be raised and support in debt management when required.
- Assist with internal support queries, offering general support to the product sales support team on product and partner enquiries.
- Point of contact for suppliers if their contact within the team is out of office, such as annual leave, attending trade events.
- Ensuring our internal communications platform are kept current and relevant.
- Pricing special offers based in our in-house platform, Phenix.
- Able to identify opportunities to improve processes and simplify ways of working by proactively making suggestions for department efficiencies.
Individual Skills Desired:
- IT literate, able to use Microsoft Office, Excel etc.
- Confident and professional manner
- A good level of geographical knowledge or an understanding of the travel industry
- Team player and approachable
- Numerical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Well organised and able to prioritise
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount
- Private Medical Insurance (taxable benefit) or Healthcare Cash Plan (costs incurred by employees)