Delivery of complete, accurate and timely consolidated financial and management accounts; maintenance of a robust financial control environment across the group, cash and balance sheet forecasting and management; and projects.
Key Elements of the role
- Monthly consolidation, Group P&L and Balance Sheet reporting & analysis
- Cash and balance sheet forecasting, tracking and optimisation
- Ensuring a robust financial control environment and reporting processes across the Group
- Development and group-wide implementation of accounting practices and policies
- Preparation of statutory accounts (under IFRS) and liaison with the auditors
- Key point of contact for both auditors and tax advisers
- Coordination of tax projects, including but not limited to R&D, VAT, Transfer Pricing
- Oversight of cost budgeting and reporting processes
- Investment appraisal and RoI tracking
- Shareholder reporting, bank reporting and compliance with terms of bank and loan note agreements
- Proactive identification through analysis of areas for operational and/or financial performance improvement
Qualified accountant (ACA) with a good technical grounding, a strong academic track record, and the ambition to broaden his/her experience in a fast-paced, commercial environment and develop into a senior finance professional in business.
The role requires influence to be exerted through good inter-personal skills and strong written and verbal communication skills. The candidate will be expected to produce and present clear and concise routine and ad-hoc reports, and to undertake analysis which supports decision-making and adds value.
An eye for detail and experience of the application of financial controls in a group environment – from the perspective of auditor or accountant – would be helpful. The role will suit someone who will take ownership of the areas for which he/she is responsible and, through analysis, proactively seeks out and delivers improvements in process and performance.
Please attach your C.V and a brief description of what interests you most about this role.