This role is working across the Group, ensuring the quality delivery of month end and year end accounts preparation, supporting a strong control environment and enabling clean audit reports. Based in Manchester, the successful candidate will be a qualified, CCAB registered, accountant.
As Senior Management Accountant you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparation and review of the Monthly Reporting Packs including Consolidated Group Account and Banking Pack Reports
- Investigate and comment on key variances between budgeted and actual performance, proposing corrective action as appropriate.
- Monthly reviews of the financial performance with General Managers
- Responsible for accurate and timely reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts for both the UK company and international subsidiaries, including Intercompany reconciliations across all entities.
- Preparation and submission of external reports (VAT, ATOL return, Insurance Renewals)
- Keeping up to date with accounting standards and compliance requirements, etc. across the processes
- Propose business improvement and efficiency initiatives as appropriate
- Improving end to end accounting processes by liaising with other finance teams and the wider business
- Ensure that financial controls are consistently applied
- Assist in providing technical leadership to the finance team and wider business
- Manage and support audit queries alongside the Finance Manager and Head of Financial Accounting
- Any other duties that may be reasonably be required
CORE VALUES AND BELIEFS:
- You will be a role model for our business values, using your personality and behaviours, to maintain integrity and a can-do attitude
- You will have a willingness to go the extra mile and always strive to seek job satisfaction
- You always bring your authentic self to work
- You will have the ability to think digitally as we continue to evolve as a digital first business, and that means we need you to have the right knowledge, skills and appetite to effectively use digital systems to support delivery of an efficient, robust finance environment.
- You pride yourself on building loyal and mutual trusting relationships with colleagues, TCs and supplier partners
- You will respect and value diversity, creating an environment that is inclusive of all
- You will be focused on your own personal development as well as the future of our business, contributing new and innovate ideas and ways of working
- You actively seek out opportunities and find meaningfulness at work
- You will not be afraid to use your voice to challenge or reinforce the status quo, guided by our values and behaviours
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years’ experience gained in a similar environment
- Qualified ACCA, ACA, or CIMA or similarly recognised accounting qualification
- Previous experience of Group Consolidation and Intercompany Matrix’ is essential
- Proven experience in working in a successful team
- Proven experience of taking ownership and responsibility
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced, changing, environment excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Active participation in systems improvement/implementation programmes
SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Customer Focused - Able to use their understanding of our customers to take proactive action to improve the customer experience and exceed their expectations. Ability to build rapport and engage collaboratively with staff at all levels.
- Action Oriented - Able to spot opportunities, able to engage the right people and create plans to makes things happen. Well organised, able to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- Accountable - Holds self and others to account for meeting goals and celebrating success and take ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when tight deadlines are required. Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Trustworthy - A role model with high standards of honesty and integrity and show consistency between what they say and how they act.
- Developing Talent – Is able to see developing talent as an organisational imperative.
- Innovative - Views innovation as a priority and can show creative thinking when solving problems, wanting to resolve these as quickly as possible.
- Collaborative - Takes a proactive interest in other business areas and bringing the right people together to ensure we deliver what’s important.
- Driving Engagement - Creates a climate where colleagues are motivated to do their best.
- IT literate with advanced knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Excellent time-management and prioritisation skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy