As part of our Legal team you will assist with a varied international workload and be a key first point of contact for anyone who is looking for help with a legal or health and safety issue.
You will support the team with basic legal work and co-ordinate the administration of the department. In addition, you will gain exposure to a range of health & safety matters supporting the Group Health & Safety Manager.
This is an important role within the team and will involve cross functional working with a range of key stakeholders.
- Advising on and assisting with customer complaints, small legal claims and miscellaneous queries (both legal and H&S).
- Maintaining various trackers and reports, including a legal claims tracker, contracts tracker and H&S tracker.
- Assisting with data protection matters such as responding to right to be forgotten and subject access requests.
- Managing a business wide contracts project in order to implement a robust contracts management system.
- Issuing contracts for signature (largely by e-signature), monitoring progress and ensuring that they are signed and returned.
- Ad hoc administration and e-filing.
- Assisting the Group Health & Safety Manager with supplier self-assessment questionnaire process and other supplier due diligence.
- Supporting the financial management of the department including administering the purchase order process; arranging for the payment of invoices and court orders / settlements; and maintaining a budget tracker.
- Helping the Group General Counsel & Company Secretary with the maintenance of the company’s statutory books and records.
- Supporting the Legal team with legal research and basic contract review.
- Assisting the team with the legal and H&S work associated with Travel Counsellor’s international businesses.
- Managing the Legal and Data Protection Officer’s mailboxes and the post.
- Creating and maintaining effective documentation in relation to the Paralegal role including precedents, process flows and guidance notes.
Skills & Experience
Professional qualifications & experience
Education: As a minimum, law degree or graduate diploma in law.
Work experience: Customer service and/or office experience is essential.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Other key skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- A team player.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- The self confidence to deal with challenging situations and difficult communications.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Common sense and pragmatic approach.
- Able to work in an agile, high pressured environment and can respond quickly to stakeholder needs.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities to tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and able to build and develop strong relationships.
- Self-motivated and able to work without strong guidance.
- Highly organised and provides timely responses.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Seeks to find new and better ways of doing things.
- Very professional approach to work.