At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
You will play a key role in the communication of our company strategy, activity and culture across the business, supporting and helping to lead the communications function in the six countries in which we operate.
We are a culture driven business, putting our people at the heart of everything we do, and your role will be central to the engagement of our Travel Counsellors and support team colleagues, helping to ensure that all internal stakeholders are clear on the vision and objectives for the business.
This is particularly critical as we focus on our future post COVID strategy as a company and undertake a digital transformation programme to enhance our support platform further; harness the power of our community and platform; and ensure we live by our brand values of keeping it personal on this journey. Communications and engagement play a key role in this, and the role will ensure we are supporting the programme at both a strategic and project led level.
You will be well versed in a multi-channel approach to internal communications, and be data driven in using metrics and user sentiment to ensure we are delivering an impactful and feedback led internal communications strategy across the business.
A core focus of the role will involve harnessing the stories and content from across the organisation that bring our culture to life, working with stakeholders including our community platform lead to ensure we are using the right channels at the right time for our audiences. You be tech savvy and able to leverage the power of digital technologies to both drive engagement and optimise collaboration across our company community.
This is an excellent opportunity to carve and lead in a business-critical role as we enter our next period of growth as a company.
- Working closely with the senior leadership team to help drive key messaging and engagement, producing and facilitating regular company updates, including digital communications and internal team collaboration sessions and updates
- A core focus of the role will involve you taking control of the company’s internal TV broadcasts, used as a key communications tool to engage our people and keep them informed and updated. You will be responsible for maximising the creative output and coordinating schedules, taking ownership for global TV production.
- Working closely with the People Team to own and drive colleague communication and engagement strategy, including the ownership of our colleague initiatives such as leading our Culture Champion sessions
- Working with the communications team and other key stakeholders, you will work to further develop the wider internal communications strategy for the business, using both quantitative and qualitative methods to glean regular feedback from across the global organisation, reporting and benchmarking results to measure sentiment and identify areas for improvement
- Supporting each department in delivering key messages, developments and activity to the wider internal audiences, using your own ideas and creativity to engage and encourage adoption of technology and behaviours that will drive global growth for the business
- Working with our tech team to optimise collaboration technologies for engagement across all internal audiences
- Be data driven and measure the success of communication activities and make recommendations for change as appropriate
Key Skills & Experience
- A team player with significant experience within this field, ideally in an in-house position, with a proven track record of success in delivering and executing internal communication strategies.
- Digitally savvy and experience working with communication and collaboration technology to deliver key messaging and drive engagement
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the confidence and ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all times and at all levels, globally
- Experience of delivering engaging multi-platform internal communications across a business
- Excellent writing skills to produce engaging and informative content in line with the brand voice and company culture
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in using email content platforms to design, build and report on internal e-newsletters.
- Ability to storyboard video content and programme schedules, working closely and collaboratively with the studio production team.
- Highly organised, detail-orientated individual with high quality standards and the ability to manage and support on multiple projects at one time.
It would also be advantageous if you had the following:
- Membership of the IoIC or other relevant industry body to demonstrate continuous learning
- Use of Microsoft tools including Teams and Sharepoint
- Knowledge of email content platform Contact Monkey, or similar programs.
- Enthusiastic individual with the passion and care to complete each task to the very best of your ability
- Take personal pride in being the individual who represents Travel Counsellors special company culture to all members of the community across six countries.