At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel continues to grow, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
We are looking for an innovative and experienced Marketing Executive who can come on board and be part of our marketing team. You’ll have the amazing opportunity to reach your potential among some of the most talented people in travel.
Improve the ability for us to deliver targeted, relevant marketing communications to the right people with the right messages at the right time and ultimately improve the customer experience. Introduce segmentation strategies, customer journeys and targeted marketing communications to drive consideration, conversion, loyalty and advocacy.
We’re seeking a Marketing Executive with CRM and database marketing experience to enhance workflows and processes and fully utilise system capabilities to create long lasting, valuable customer relationships.
You’ll have proven experience (ideally 3-5 years) of CRM strategy, planning, campaign execution and database management to effectively deliver digital marketing campaigns that achieves results. Whilst there is a strong requirement for analytical skills, you’ll also need to be creative in this role, with good communication and copywriting skills as you manage the full end to end campaign process, liaising with in-house designers, our commercial team, individual Travel Counsellors and external agencies and supplier partners. Audiences will be mostly consumers, however there may be the requirement to support the new franchise recruitment and corporate travel areas of the business as required.
Product Marketing Campaigns
- Implementing CRM strategies and planning an annual programme of CRM and email marketing to support enquiry lead generation and customer retention
- Building email campaign workflows throughout the enquiry, booking and post-booking journey (to ensure high-quality brand-led content is delivered to the right people, at the right time).
- Manage the full end-to-end process of planning and gathering email campaign content including copywriting and image selection, building and testing emails, creating journeys and data selection, achieving supplier sign-off, sending emails and post-campaign analysis.
- Create and manage A/B (and multi-variant) testing programme to continually optimise and improve email performance to outperform industry standard.
- Act as the liaison between Marketing, software providers and the Data team (inc Data Protection Manager) for any project work, maintenance, problem-solving and training requirements.
- Manage marketing campaign software (Hive marketing cloud, Spotler/Pure360 ESP, Freshworks CRM)
Measurement & Analysis
- Using a variety of systems, tools and techniques to measure and analyse campaign and activity results and preparing substantiated management information reports for all stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Commercial/Partnerships team to feedback on campaign performance to our commercial sponsors and providing recommendations for future growth opportunities.
Summary of Key Attributes and Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in a full-time employed CRM/digital marketing role
- Lives within a commutable distance to our offices in Trafford City
- A people person, with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills and an outgoing personality; happy liaising with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Driven, passionate and enthusiastic – ready to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- The ability to problem-solve to achieve deadlines
- Organised with exceptional attention to detail and a desire to achieve high standards
- Enjoys working as part of a team yet capable of working proactively and autonomously
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure, in an often-impatient environment with many priorities
- Customer focused
- Comfortable presenting information to stakeholders and our business owners as required
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and focuses on impact, delivery and achievement
Summary of Desirable Attributes and Qualifications
- Marketing qualification (degree/CIM/IDM) desirable
- Sector experience of travel, leisure, or hospitality desirable
- Experience in creating dynamic email content/advanced content filtering desirable
- Experience in using website CMS desirable
- HTML, video editing or Adobe Creative Suite desirable
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
- Referral scheme
- Employee discount