Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. We have 1,850 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 350 support staff based from our head office located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and internationally in our 6 satellite offices. With sales of £500m plus per annum and ambitions to be a £1bn digitally enabled business, famous for the way we look after our customers and people we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business.
The Company sets itself apart by recruiting the best travel advisers, building personal relationships with customers and delivering the highest level of personal service and care that can be found in any industry. For over twenty years we’ve set the trends in travel homeworking, and last year we won the TTG Top Homeworking Agency and Travel Weekly Best Homeworking Agency awards. We’re a world class, bespoke business and one of the most fundamental factors of our business is that we’re consistent in offering an authentic and tailor-made service where our Travel Counsellors create “one off” itineraries that cannot be found off the shelf.
Founded 24 years ago, our business model is tried and tested, based on relationships, retention and referral. It’s this approach that makes us more than a little different from the rest. And that’s what keeps our customers coming back year after year, again and again. In fact, 96% say they would recommend Travel Counsellors to their friends, family and colleagues.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth by executing its clear strategy globally (referred to as RRP), focusing on:
(1)Recruiting more franchisees globally;
(2)Leveraging the opportunities to increase new business from Referrals and drive up more Re-Book business, specifically from first time bookers; and
(3)Driving sales through the Company’s in-house booking system Phenix and specifically it’s directly contracted product.
The opportunity for growth is predicated on the basis of word class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear management behaviours centred around Focus (on RRP), Pace and Energy. We want to develop a culture that encourages innovation, fresh thinking and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
Moving forward we’re looking for authenticity and creative flair, for individuals who are comfortable operating in the world of modern technology and those who possess a high level of digital skills, to make sure we’re always one step ahead. Each and every individual who works for Travel Counsellors takes pride in what they do, we set high standards and always, always aim to deliver.
It’s all because we care. Caring is in our DNA.
Brief Overview of the Position
Working as part of a small team selling Land only components to our home based Travel Counsellors. You will be expected to offer excellent service & support to our Travel Counsellors around the world ensuring that they remain competitive in their marketplace.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing accurate quotations and selling Land Only based elements
- To liaise directly with our bed banks/wholesalers to negotiate the best possible rates
- Speak to overseas hotels whereby we have direct contracts to check availability and obtain any further information required
- Communicate well with the Travel Counsellors by both telephone and e-mail
- Load manual bookings on to the back office system
- Read detailed contracts & calculating rates
- Taking responsibility for growing the in-house business through regular communication with individual Travel Counsellors to build strong working relationships
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the Manager
Summary of Key Attributes and Qualifications
- Experience of working in Travel Sales
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work by email and over the phone
- Relationship building
- Selling skills with proven ability to convert an enquiry into a firm sale
- Ability to work well under pressure, handling several quotes and bookings at the same time
- High standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Pride in the service being offered
- Willingness to work on destinations which you may not have worked on in the past and develop new product knowledge