12 month Fixed Term Contract
At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 26 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Who we are looking for
- We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic law graduate to join our Legal team.
- You will need GCSE and A-Level grades (A*-C) and a 2.1 degree or above in Law (or another subject combined with a Graduate Diploma in Law).
- You must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Previous legal work experience is desirable.
What you’ll do
As part of our Legal team you will assist with a varied international workload and be a key first point of contact for queries to the department.
You will support the team with basic legal work and co-ordinate the administration of the department. In addition, you will gain exposure to a range of health & safety matters supporting the Group Health & Safety Manager.
This is an important role within the team and will involve cross functional working with a range of key stakeholders.
The work covered includes:
- Advising on and assisting with customer complaints, small legal claims and miscellaneous queries (both legal and H&S).
- Maintaining various trackers and reports, including a legal claims tracker, contracts tracker and H&S supplier tracker.
- Assisting with data protection matters such as responding to right to be forgotten and subject access requests.
- Managing a business wide contracts management project.
- Issuing contracts for signature (largely by e-signature), monitoring progress and ensuring that they are signed and returned.
- Ad hoc administration and e-filing.
- Assisting the Group Health & Safety Manager with supplier self-assessment questionnaire process and other supplier due diligence.
- Supporting the financial management of the department including administering the purchase order process; arranging for the payment of invoices and court orders / settlements; and maintaining a budget tracker.
- Helping the Group General Counsel & Company Secretary with the maintenance of the company’s statutory books and records.
- Supporting the Legal team with legal research and basic contract review.
- Assisting the team with the legal and H&S work associated with Travel Counsellor’s international businesses.
- Managing the Legal and Data Protection Officer’s mailboxes and the post.
- Creating and maintaining effective documentation in relation to the Paralegal role including precedents, process flows and guidance notes.
Key skills and qualities which you’ll need to demonstrate
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- A team player.
- Excellent communicator.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Common sense and pragmatic approach.
- Able to work in an agile, high pressured environment and can respond quickly to stakeholder needs.
- Experience in managing multiple priorities to tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working with a range of stakeholders and able to build and develop strong relationships.
- Self-motivated and able to work without strong guidance.
- Highly organised and provides timely responses.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Seeks to find new and better ways of doing things.
- Very professional approach to work.