At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 2,000 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again. We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Brief overview of the position
As the Dynamics 365 System Engineer at Travel Counsellors, you will be our subject matter expert on all technical aspects of our core finance platform, Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations. You will own and manage the application within the Technology Department, and you will have the opportunity to shape and improve this system throughout its lifecycle to support the company’s needs. Working closely with our ISV partner and internal teams and stake holders, you will have the opportunity to create innovative technology solutions that will support the entire company and will ensure our core finance system operates at the highest possible level. You will have the opportunity to carve out a world class offering within this growing, world leading and service lead community.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as the internal technology SME for our core Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations financial platform and support the adoption of the system to ensure that the company maximises the use of the systems capabilities.
- Own the support and maintenance of the D365 F&O platform to ensure its continued performance, stability and availability remain in line with the companies expectations.
- Support and guide the company through the D365 F&O maintenance cycle, including all quarterly maintenance releases to both the core platform and the ISV module(s).
- Support the business through process testing and UAT of any platform changes and associated maintenance.
- Support the technical servicing of the platform including queries and issues raised from within the user community.
- Work with the ISV partner to manage the backlog of defects and change requests on behalf of the company
- Working with internal Business Owners and product managers to iterate the configuration, capability and application extensions to support the business needs.
- Working with the ISV Partner communicate, plan and deliver change requests in line with release schedules and development budgets on behalf of the business owner/Product manager
- Act as a technical SME for the core components of the system to ensure they align to good practice, including but not limited to operating methods, standards of documentation and their ongoing upkeep and maintenance.
- Escalation to, supporting and liaising with 3rd party suppliers where necessary to drive resolutions to incidents.
- Act as a technical point of contact and escalation point for more complex D365 F&O related incidents within the wider technology department
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation supporting the automation of a business process – e.g. process maps, workflow diagrams
- Providing technical solutions to operational issues in a timely manner
- Supporting the definition of a longer-term automation strategy for Travel Counsellors
- Works closely with front line support teams, Product Owners, Scrum Teams and Infrastructure Teams to ensure that SLA’s are agreed and met
- Proactive monitoring of performance dashboards, tools and exception logs
Key Attributes & Qualifications needed for the role:
- At least 3 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Applications
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Dynamics core workspaces, Sales, Purchase, General Ledger, etc
- The ability to work closely with an integrated ISV partner in order to configure and extend the system
- Experience of general system administration including licenses, groups, users, tags & dashboards
- Strong knowledge of application integration techniques such as API, webhooks and data integrations
- Ability to understand how the applications work to assist in replicating the problem
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the tenacity to stay with an issue until it is resolved
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Power Apps and Azure
- Strong commitment to quality and a thorough approach to responsibilities
- Excellent time management and planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive, with excellent attention to detail
- Works well within a small team and within a wider department
- Holds themselves to a high quality of work.
- Interest in keeping abreast of current trends in software development and testing, especially as they relate to the technologies being used.
Desirable attributes for the role:
- Any other software engineering experience (software development, test automation etc).
- Experience of working with Azure Dev Ops and RSAT
- Understand the MS sure step process
- Has knowledge and experience of the data structure in D365 to support a DBA
- Agile way of working
- Knowledge of the D365 application extensions market
- Knowledge or experience of Power Apps and Power Automate
- Certified D365 Engineer or Developer
- Understanding modern project management principles such as SAFe
- Previous experience with API’s and webhooks
- Knowledge of HTML and scripting languages
- Experience working with SSO would be beneficial