Brief overview of the position
As RPA Engineer you will be the subject matter expert on all technical aspects of our process automation platforms across Travel Counsellors. The purpose of the role is to support with the delivery of technical improvements and developments within multiple instances of our automation platforms. You will create solutions that will support the entire business which will ensure our systems perform to the highest possible standard with a minimum down time/disruption whilst enabling a continuous improvement mindset through our technology.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support and maintenance of automation platforms and processes automated with RPA
- Designing and implementing automated business processes using tools such as UiPath or Power Automate
- Building secure, scalable, maintainable, testable and extensible RPA solutions to drive efficiencies within the business
- Act as a technical SME for the core components of the system to ensure they align to good practice, including but not limited to operating methods, standards of documentation and their ongoing upkeep and maintenance.
- Escalation to, supporting and liaising with 3rd party suppliers where necessary to drive resolutions to incidents.
- Act as a technical point of contact and escalation point for more complex RPA related incidents within the wider technology department
- Creating and maintaining solution documentation supporting the automation of a business process – e.g. process maps, workflow diagrams
- Investigating complex system issues across both bespoke and packaged solutions to drive resolutions
- Providing technical solutions to operational issues in a timely manner
- Support Unit and integration testing for RPA developments, documentation of test scenarios etc
- Supporting teams during UAT
- Support the embedding of an automation culture within the business
- Supporting the definition of a longer-term automation strategy for Travel Counsellors
- Works closely with front line support teams, Product Owners, Scrum Teams and Infrastructure Teams to ensure that SLA’s are agreed and met
- Proactive monitoring of performance dashboards, tools and exception logs
- Manage live issues with external providers
Key Attributes & Qualifications needed for the role:
- At least 3 years of experience automating processes with UiPath
- Knowledge of working with UiPath Orchestrator in a support and configuration role
- Experience of system integrations via APIs and messaging platforms
- Experience of working with integration techniques such as webhooks and API
- Competent with understanding business logic via various contact channels (telephony, email, chat)
- Experience of source control tools – I.e. Git
- Experience working within an agile methodology
- Process modelling with BPMN
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the tenacity to stay with an issue until it is resolved.
- Strong commitment to quality and a thorough approach to responsibilities.
- Excellent time management and planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Works well within a small team and within a wider department
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Holds themselves to a high quality of work.
- Interest in keeping abreast of current trends in software development and testing, especially as they relate to the technologies being used.
Desirable attributes for the role:
- Previous experience in RPA related role ideally with the UiPath suite of products.
- Certified UiPath / RPA Engineer or Developer
- Understanding modern project management principles such as SAFe
- Previous experience with API’s and webhooks
- Knowledge of HTML and scripting languages
- Experience working with SSO would be beneficial
- Any other software engineering experience (software development, test automation etc).