At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
Role Summary and Core Responsibilities
This role is to work closely as part of the accounts receivable team to ensure delivery of a high service level whilst working within internal compliance and legislation requirements. Based in Manchester, the successful candidate will be experienced in maximising cash collection, minimising credit risk and maintaining audit standards in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Effectively managing the sales ledger, ensuring payments are collected in line with agreed payment terms, proactively managing communications with customers and Travel Counsellors.
- Responding promptly to enquiries raised to ensure timely resolution.
- Ensuring fraud risk, credit risk or trade compliance risks, from new customers and the existing customer portfolio, are controlled according to business specifications.
- Compiling, analysing & interpreting information for approval of credit facilities or onward recommendation
- Providing support for key audit activities e.g. annual credit reviews, mass account deactivation's, master data reviews
- Working closely with any outsource service provider to ensure accurate and timely delivery of services by analysing daily KPI’s and escalating, if necessary, to management
- Supporting the achievement and exceeding of KPI expectations whilst working within the agreed SLA’s
- Performing Root Cause Analysis of complex issues to drive process improvement and issue resolution in the end to end AR Process flow
- Identifying potential process improvements to increase efficiency
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI’s) for the team and any outsource provider
- Being the first point of contact to the business, TC’s and third-party providers as a SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Educating suppliers, business users and TC’s to aid reduction in exceptions and demand on query management
- Co-ordinating and delivering training sessions and/or materials to TC’s, the business
- Building successful business relationships at all levels (particularly in Finance and with TC’s) to encourage efficiency and understanding
- Managing and prioritising daily workload to ensure deadlines are met/exceeded for all activities
- Providing excellent customer relations, written and verbal to Suppliers, TC and the business
- Working within Travel Counsellors internal compliance/guidance rules and applicable legislation's
- Working daily within Travel Counsellors CARE values to outperform
Core Values and Beliefs
- You will be a role model for our business values, using your personality and behaviours, to maintain integrity and a can-do attitude
- You will have a willingness to go the extra mile and always strive to seek job satisfaction
- You always bring your authentic self to work
- You will have the ability to think digitally as we continue to evolve as a digital first business, and that means we need you to have the right knowledge, skills and appetite to effectively use digital systems to support delivery of an efficient, robust finance environment.
- You pride yourself on building loyal and mutual trusting relationships with colleagues, TCs and supplier partners
- You will respect and value diversity, creating an environment that is inclusive of all
- You will be focused on your own personal development as well as the future of our business, contributing new and innovate ideas and ways of working
- You actively seek out opportunities and find meaningfulness at work
- You will not be afraid to use your voice to challenge or reinforce the status quo, guided by our values and behaviours.
Experience and Qualifications
Skills and Attributes