At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 27 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 200 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
We are currently embarking on a company wide Digital Transformation Programme, looking to remove manual processes and build a scalable, industry leading personal digital platform.
We are looking for a Digital Transformation Project Manager for a 12mth Fixed Term Contract. This role will be responsible for scoping, prioritising and delivering the upgrade / replacement of our Finance system and integrated peripheral applications. This role will report into our Finance Transformation Lead, but with a cross functional remit. This forms as one of the key projects within the wider Digital Transformation Programme.
You will be expected to have delivery responsibility for projects covering implementation of new tools, technology, processes and data, in particular the upgrade of the current Finance system (Microsoft Great Plains) to a newer product.
Reporting into the Finance Transformation Lead and in collaboration with our Tech and PMO functions, this is an exciting opportunity to shape and drive change which will have an enterprise-wide impact as the company transitions from a legacy network to a platform business.
As an agent of change you will play a lead role in guiding our business teams in the adoption of digital innovation and capabilities and provide a practical approach to applying technology where it will add value.
- Leading the execution of the ‘Re-imagine Back Office’ projects within Digital Transformation creating clear scope, plans, timelines, resource requirements, etc.
- Successfully delivering projects / initiatives on time and on budget, ensuring that they meet the needs and expectations of the business.
- Able to understand existing back office (largely Finance) processes quickly and identifying potential improvements.
- Consulting with end users and helping to identify pain points and potential solutions.
- Undertaking any analysis in support of the delivery of the Project e.g., updating the estimated return on investment.
- Working with the business to produce business cases and user stories, identifying the value or benefits and contributing to the Technology roadmap development.
- Awareness of latest technology solutions, advising upon the potential introduction of such technology.
- ERP Finance systems replacement / upgrade knowledge and experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics knowledge and experience.
- Third party / vendor management skills e.g., working with systems integration partners and advisors.
- Strong collaboration skills / stakeholder management across levels and functions
- Project management and execution
- Experience and knowledge in engaging a wider variety of end users and customers in the proposed solution.
- Technology expertise and knowledge of current trends.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to simplify the complex.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of conceptualising technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Experience of running Finance projects, Business Process Engineering and Lean Transformation.
- Ability to work within a project management framework that you are accredited in e.g. PRINCE2, APM, Scrum Agile etc.
- Comfortable working within both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Able to respond to a dynamic fast-paced workplace environment.