Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being placed in the Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023 and as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
We are looking for a motivated Legal Counsel to play a crucial role in providing legal advice and support to the business. This is a broad and varied in-house position and the successful candidate will be responsible for advising on a diverse range of legal matters including contract negotiation, managing disputes, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and analysing legal risks associated with business operations.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing timely and accurate legal advice to stakeholders across the business on a wide range of legal issues.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating on a broad range of commercial agreements, including travel supply agreements, agency agreements, various IT and licensing arrangements
- Advising on regulatory and compliance issues, including travel regulations.
- Advising on data protection and privacy matters, ensuring adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Identifying legal and commercial risks, assessing their potential impact on the business and providing practical solutions to mitigate risks.
- Supporting the continued improvement of standard form agreements and assisting in the development of legal process and best practice throughout the business.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of developments in relevant areas of law
Skills and Experience Required
- Qualification as a solicitor in England and Wales.
- Role will suit a lawyer around 2-8 years PQE, preferably with in-house experience
- A solid commercial background and data protection experience is essential.
- Travel experience desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a can do and positive approach and driven to learn and develop
- Extremely organised with strong planning skills.
- Clear and concise communicator with the confidence and credibility to gain the respect of the business and develop strong relationships.
- Team player.
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
• A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
• Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office – based in Trafford City)
• Career development and promotional opportunities
• 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
• A Moments That Matter day (annually)
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
• Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
• 3 paid days charity leave
• Company events, socials, and incentives
• 3x annual salary death in service benefit
• Company Pension scheme
• Costco Membership
• Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free breakfast, fruit, and hot/cold beverages
• Referral scheme
• Employee discount