Here at Travel Counsellors, our customers, communities and colleagues lie at the heart of everything that we do - and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships come before transactions, and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 28 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,900 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses. We pride ourselves in remaining a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
Our Travel Counsellors are supported by a team of over 250 super talented people in our Support Offices to help them create unique, inspiring, and exciting experiences for their customers, building lasting personal relationships that brings them back to us, time and time again.
Our unique approach within the workplace – as well as towards customers – has seen us receive numerous awards and accolades, including being named as The Best Place to Work in Travel at the 2022 TTG Travel Industry Awards, as well as being the first travel company to be awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category!
We are currently expanding at a phenomenal rate – on the back of what is our record year in terms of revenue (over £800m) and so are looking for like-minded individuals to join our dedicated Head Office team, to help the company continue to flourish.
About the Role
As a Knowledge Manager, you will define and lead the content architecture strategy and knowledge management deployment for our colleagues and Travel Counsellors. The role will focus on developing, auditing, and maintaining high quality content for colleagues and Travel Counsellors. The content you create will be pivotal in our transformation strategy as we continue to evolve the support we provide for our Travel Counsellors.
The knowledge manager is responsible for overseeing all knowledge-related activities, including the sourcing, accessibility, sharing and management of knowledge assets. You will be required to work alongside stakeholders, internal and external, to promote and optimize the usage of the organization's knowledge asset, generating SOPs and knowledge articles and ensuring the content is engaging, has the appropriate TOV and feedback loops, as well as moderating existing content.
A knowledge of information architecture is essential.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Define the knowledge management strategy for our knowledge base and maintain high quality, up-to-date, and searchable content for audiences of varying skill levels
- Seek and act on the voice of our Travel Counsellors to continuously improve content and engagement
- Work effectively across the organization with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to develop and support new and existing products, features, and services for the knowledge base
- identify, collect, synthesize, organize and manage organizational knowledge in support of business units across the enterprise
- Create guidelines for what information is captured, and by whom how it integrates with the rest of the tech stack, and how to keep it from growing stale.
- Improve access to information and knowledge, improving the efficiency of self-serve across departments and TCs
- Streamline the decision-making process
- Encourage correct and widespread usage of the company's knowledge base, championing the usage
- Evaluate business impact, track the usage and define efficiency of the knowledge base content.
- Lead, coach and develop a virtual team of authors (champions within their core role)from each department
- Establish writing guidelines based on knowledge base best practices and develop the team to ensure they are achieving or surpassing them
- Assess the sustainability of and review and modify the knowledge management process and framework.
- Formulate knowledge analysis based on evidence and identify main priorities (gaps, critical information, ways to communicate and transfer approaches).
- Align and identify integration points within the knowledge management framework.
- Formulate and agree a knowledge management action plan that incorporates leading practice supported by Tech, internal systems and processes
Working here at Travel Counsellors, we value the hard work and effort that our colleagues put in. Because of this, you can expect a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A competitive basic salary + annual company bonus
- Flexible hybrid working model (2 days home, 3 days office)
- Career development and promotional opportunities
- 25 days holidays (increasing to 28 after 5 years of service)
- A Moments That Matter day (annually)
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity pay
- Holiday buy and sell (up to 5 days per year)
- 3 paid days charity leave
- Company events, socials, and incentives
- 3x annual salary death in service benefit
- Company Pension scheme
- Costco Membership
- Salary sacrifice, company car scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee discount