Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, people-based travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. Our vision is to be the most caring business in the world. We have 1,850 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 400 support staff based from our global headquarters located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and globally in our 6 international offices. With sales of £650m plus per annum and ambitions to be a £1bn digitally enabled business, famous for the way we look after our customers and people, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business.
The Company sets itself apart by recruiting the best talent, building personal relationships with customers and delivering the highest level of personal service and care that can be found in any industry. In 2017 we have won the Customer Focus Award in the National Business Awards and for over twenty years we’ve set the trends in travel homeworking. Our business model is tried and tested, based on relationships, retention and referral. It’s this approach that makes us more than a little different from the rest. And that’s what keeps our customers coming back year after year, again and again. In fact, we have one of the highest scores in the words for customer loyalty and advocacy with 95% of customers saying they would recommend Travel Counsellors to their friends, family and colleagues.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth predicated by delivering both world class levels of people engagement, development and support and world class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear leadership mantra of inspiring people to a future without limits and people behaviours centred around Focus, Pace, Execution, Innovation and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
We’re looking for the very best talent to help us scale the business quickly. People with natural ambition, limitless thinking, a positive mind-set who are comfortable and skilled in the use and analysis of data to drive insight and value and who possess a high- level of people and relationship skills.
Brief Overview of the Position
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic corporate travel professional to join our team, sourcing and developing a relationship with potential franchisees. This is a targeted sales role with weekly goals and would suit someone with a solid background in Corporate Travel. Experience in recruitment would also be an advantage.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver the business values and travel proposition clearly, outlining the features and benefits of owning a corporate travel franchise business, how we lead this sector of the travel industry and how we stand out from the competition.
- Successfully converting sales leads provided by the business
- Sourcing potential candidates through social media and other channels who have the desire to own a corporate travel franchise, who may have the skills and experience from outside this industry to create a successful company and lifestyle.
- Building and maintaining relationships with our existing network of corporate Travel Counsellors and working closing with them to add more franchises via referrals.
- Researching and sourcing the best talent to sell the franchise opportunity to (backgrounds of these individuals are not limited to people within the travel industry)
- Developing relationships and progressing candidates through the decision-making process to join and inducting them successfully with collaboration from our internal business partners
- Meeting potential franchisees face to face, understanding their motivation and potential ability to run a franchise business, reviewing their business plan and managing their expectations
- Presenting at our franchise roadshow events
- Presenting on Webinars
- Attend networking and travel trade events
- Working to sales targets
- Going the extra mile to provide the best possible service
- Full administration of the joining process including taking payment.
- Managing, organising and prioritising workload.
- Working to targets whilst taking in to consideration ‘quality over quantity’ to ensure our high standards are maintained.
Summary of Key Attributes and Qualifications
- You will have a passion for corporate travel, and have previous experience of working in a corporate travel or travel recruitment environment.
- You will have a warm, friendly manner with the ability to quickly build rapport and engage with potential candidates, supporting and guiding them through the joining process.
- You will have a flexible approach to working hours to suit the needs of your candidates
- You will be confident to conduct meetings & presentations both at head office and off site at various locations across the UK.
- You will be organised with the ability to ‘spin a number of plates’ at one time, ensuring your workload is prioritised.
Essential attributes for the Role
- Mature in approach, friendly, professional & flexible.
- Able to manage your own workload but able to work well within a team.
- Experience of selling corporate travel within the travel industry is essential.
- Dynamic and self-starting
- Commercially aware and able to convey compelling messages
- Proactive networker and relationship builder
- Technically savvy – able to proactively build talent pipelines and nurture candidates over a long period of time
- Able to fit into a high-pace, often impatient, high-performing team
- Willing to challenge the status quo/legacy to enable us to open new avenues and markets
- Possess a real “entrepreneurial flair”