Your New Company
Travel Counsellors are an award-winning, people-based travel business that places people at the heart of everything we do. Famous for the way we look after our customers and people, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals who will be integral to the on-going success of this entrepreneurial business. Our vision is to be the most caring business in the world. We have 1,800 home-based Travel Counsellor Franchisees and 400 support staff based from our global headquarters located near the Trafford Centre in Manchester and globally in our 6 international offices.
The business is growing quickly and has a huge opportunity for further growth predicated by delivering both world class levels of people engagement, development and support and world class leading levels of customer retention, loyalty and advocacy.
The Company’s culture is based on caring and it has a clear leadership mantra of inspiring people to a future without limits and people behaviours centred around Focus, Pace, Execution, Innovation and continuous improvement by encouraging feedback at all levels.
Your New Role
Testing embraces the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations. The purpose of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. Testing includes the process of engineering, using and maintaining testware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc.) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Review requirements and specifications, and define test conditions.
- Actively participate in planning, estimation, and prioritisation processes to ensure successful execution of testing activities.
- Design, develop, and contribute to our automation framework
- Design test cases and test scripts under own direction, mapping back to pre-determined criteria, recording and reporting outcomes.
- Analyse and report test activities and results.
- Identify and report issues and risks associated with your own work.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience scripting automated, browser-based, end-to-end functional tests using the Selenium WebDriver (APIs, as opposed to record/playback IDE)
- Good understanding of HTML, CSS and C#, basic coding skills
- Good understanding of API testing (BDD using SpecFlow preferred)
- Familiar with CI/CD, microservices
- Experience in Manual testing (UAT/System/Regression)
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing
- Exposure of Agile Requirement designing
- Good knowledge of testing Micro Services and the different types needed including Base, Unit, Integration, Load, Stress, Security, resiliency testing
- Excellent working knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Experience in Test Plan preparation, estimation and status reporting
- Preferably accredited with a cloud provider
- Preferably ISEB or ISTQB accredited
- Strong commitment to quality and a thorough approach to responsibilities.
- Ability to pick up new languages and processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail with a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the tenacity to stay with an issue until it is resolved.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and committed to a testing career path.
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working
- Costco membership
- Free breakfast and fruit every day
- Trafford Centre discounts
- 25 days holiday
- Charity days
- Free parking
- Annual bonus