Travel Counsellors: A multi-award winning organisation.
To say that 2018 has been a successful year for Travel Counsellors would be an understatement. Following on from the celebrations at our Annual Global Conference, held on 9th – 11th November 2018 in Glasgow, we are proud to share just some of our achievements from the previous months.
On 31st January 2018 we achieved our highest-ever sales in a single day, topping over R80 million globally, bringing to a climactic close a record-breaking month with global revenue of R1,393 bn. In January 2018, 340 of our Travel Counsellors achieved their best-ever month, with some saying it was the key to them reaching our coveted ‘Gold’ status.
2018 marks the 16th consecutive year of double-digit growth for Travel Counsellors. In our bid to become a R18 billion business, corporate travel continues to be a key driver in the growth of our business. 2018 saw global corporate sales increase by 10% to R2,718 bn million.
Our success has not gone unnoticed by many independent awarding bodies from inside and outside of the travel industry. Over the recent months we’ve won awards on a national and international stage in recognition of our growth, customer focus, leadership and technology to name a few. A selection of our recent award wins and nominations is below.
Winners of The Lloyds Bank National Business Awards for Customer Focus 2017
- Technology Team of the Year finalists - Travolution Awards 2018
- Rising Brand of the Year finalists - Travolution Awards 2018
- Corporate Travel Agency of the Year (Under $100 million revenue) – Australian Travel Awards
- Innovation of the Year – Australian Travel Awards
- Travel Agency of the Year (Under 30 employees) – Australian Travel Awards
- Best Travel Management Company (£50 - £200 million UK annual sales) nominee - Business Travel Awards 2019
- Winners of Best Large Company Management Team of the Year - North West BVCA (British Venture Capital Association) Awards - the second time we have won this award
- The Santander Growing Business of the Year (Larger company category £50m+) finalist - Amazon Growing Business Awards
- Mid-Market Business of the Year finalist - The Lloyds Bank National Business Awards UK 2018
- Named in the London Stock Exchange’s 1000 Companies to Inspire in Europe 2018
- Listed in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 for the fourth time
- Entry in the International Trade category - The Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Feature in The Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For
- Our UK Managing Director, Kirsten Hughes, is a finalist in the “Executive Leader” category at the 2018 IBM iX Everywoman in Travel Awards. Our Operations Director, Karen Morris, won the “Above & Beyond” accolade by the same awards body in 2017.
- Winners of Best Homeworking Agency - ATAS (Association of Touring & Adventure Suppliers) Awards
- Winners of Homeworking Agency of the Year – Travel Weekly’s Agent Achievement Awards 2018. An award which we’ve won every year since 2014.
The award wins and nominations we have received speak volumes. So, if you’d like to run your own travel business, with an unwavering focus on quality, service and support, there is no better company for you than Travel Counsellors.